Program Change Log

• I am a relative newbie to robotic programming and i need some help with what will likely be a pretty complex task.

I work with several robots that are run continuously over 3 shifts. There is a certain amount of control over who can Touch-up programs, though it's mostly the honor-system (no passwords), and those able to make adjustments are pretty good about recording their work. However, we do experience some issues with repeatability and we log a fair number of touch-ups.

My question: is there a way to create an internal "change log" that records which PNS, which line, which point, and maybe the positional data?

IDK, maybe this isn't possible, but any input is appreciated.

Our robots are mostly ARC Mate100iC, using RJ3 TPs, with one older 100iBe. Our robots are not networked, unfortunately.

EDIT: I just saw stare284's post about logbooks, which directed me to my user manual section about log books. I think I found what I need.
    $LOGBOOK.
    $LOG_SETPOS(0)

• Exactly.

Just disable the ones that occur during normal operation that you do not want to log so it does not fill up the log with things like "reset" or "user frames". I also had to disable timer messages as well like timer already started.

Also if they STEP through the program when adjusting positions you might want to disable this as well. Should make it easier to find the changes they make.

:top:

Advertising from our partners