Conveyor tech with a standard encoder :help: :help:

• I'm trying to find documentation on rdc board, and understand wich type of encodfer accept as input.
    Find documentation on motor and resolver with pinout it's quite difficult.
    So someone has tested conveyortech of kuka using standar encoder push pull?? Or ideas how to do it using this economic encoder?

Tks :help:

• [size=1em]it will be infinitely more difficult until you start providing some info.... [/size]

[size=1em]notes:[/size]
    [size=small]1. [/size][size=small]please check pinned topic READ FIRST. [/size]
    [size=small]2. conveyortech has manual[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• The KUKA servo motors are simply re-branded Siemens motors, and the electrical characteristics of the Siemens resolvers are pretty well documented, IIRC.

KUKA also has a document for people attempting to integrate off-brand resolvers with the RDC, but you would have to request it.

The resolvers are, IIRC, analog (sine and cosine waves), non-absolute, and 4096 "pulses" per rotation, as a general rule. The RDC card performs the analog-to-digital conversion and busses the count data to the KRC.

• you can connect anything to anything but that does not mean it will work and that sparks will not fly. :winking_face:

RDC only accepts resolver and when it comes to resolvers it need to be a KUKA approved type. There are really only few models that are approved and most are used in servo motors. There is only one that is just resolver and it is from KUKA too. But you can also always check the ConveyorTech manuals. There is a section going over requirements. Maybe one day KUKA will approve encoder to resolver converters to allow connecting wider range of products.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi,

Actually, you should mention your KSS version, because KUKA.ConveyorTech7.0 or newer support the new function called external conveyor allowing you to integrate the 3rd encoders to ConveyorTech. But It has to be done over Fieldbus like PROFINET and EtherCat, of course, You have to write your own PLC program to send and receive the signal to the robots.

Briefly, I would summarize the topologies for your reference.

Profinet_1

Ethercat_1

Advertising from our partners