touchsense error

• :help:
    I been having one ERROR with the TouchSense 9126 R1 Already Touched wire
    the only thing I been doing is going back a step before the search and most of the time it goes through and when it doesn't I have to clear all my Pvariables and retry again
    is there a better way to solve this issue or to prevent it from happening again?
    any advise is more than appreciated!!!

• Hi , the touch sensing circuit is usually using a rapid input , they can have any type of switching ie, laser, Micro or reflective light beam as examples.
    If it’s being used on the Mig/Mag welding wire then the circuit is possibly already closed/shorted on the mig/mag wire to earth. Check your insulation and welding circuit, if you are also using the “Wire Sticking” feature ? You could have this error being triggered as well.

• thanks Pcarbines for the info,
    we are using rapid input 3 on the searches and yes a few times we had the error with wire sticking as well
    we have all new wires on system, new power supply and wire feeder. or do you think the issue is inside the circuit board I power supply?

• Hi , “typically” the welder requires a “High Current Blocking Diode” fitted to the welding current + output terminal, (sometimes it’s on the - side) this allows a low voltage DC sensing voltage to be connected to the torch terminal circuit . This allows sensing voltage to be applied and not have a closed circuit if the welding wire is not in contact with the base metal. If the Blocking Diode is not in place and the Welder is not internally suited for this type of sensing , the sensing voltage could complete its circuit through the welder and not needing the welding wire touching the workpiece. You will get incorrect sensing.
    You need to check what you have in place in your system, there are all manner of welders out there that “must have the Blocking Diode” ,some of the very modern welders have their circuitry already designed for this type of operation.
    The exact same thing applies for the Wire Sticking circuit, although Motoman EW welding pcbs will most work on welders that have a resistance above 50 ohms between welder output terminals.
    Please also remember that this Sensing voltage “MUST” be removed/isolated before the welder is turned on otherwise you will send welding voltage into the sensing circuit and damage it .
    So my advise to you is #check your welder is setup correctly,
    # with the + output cable removed from the welder you don’t have intermittent connection to - side of welder.
    # is there another “manual welder “ also connected to the same base metal for remedial work ?
    Look for the easy simple issues because that’s usually the problem.

• :beerchug:
    thank you for all this valuable info I will definitely keep my eye on it, the weird thing is that it doesn't happen all the time. the only thing I have noticed that when it does happen is because there is splatter/burn back on weld tip and I'm thinking that the system is detecting metal due to the splatter on tip. after cleaning the tip or replacing it there is no issue afterwards

• Hi , I’m beginning to wonder whether your Touch programs & CIO is correct, it’s a good idea to have a safety interlock in the CIO “Weld On” string. What this entails is to add in the Weld On instruction line the “Touch sensing off” output.
    This stops any chance of the two signals getting out of Sync.
    Sometimes the touch program is not completed due to welding problems and is aborted half way through its procedure , if the touch programs are not written correctly and the touch program is not resett correctly. You could have a premature Touch On request.
    By having the afor mentioned interlock it locks out the welder and it will not work. It’s simply a precaution is case the Touch Sensing program is not full completed and therefore reset correctly.
    Many years ago (XRC) Motoman printed out the instruction set examples and you would write/compile your own touch sensing programs , nowadays I believe Motoman supply a prewritten program you purchase along with the Parameter configuration. I would suggest you have some one confirm your Touch Programs and CIO are correct.

• :respect:

thanks,
    will follow up with Motoman if it keeps happening, like I mention before it doesn't happen often, but it wont hurt to send them the Macro job for them to revise
    appreciate your help!!!

• You stated that:

"the only thing I have noticed that when it does happen is because there is splatter/burn back on weld tip and I'm thinking that the system is detecting metal due to the splatter on tip. after cleaning the tip or replacing it there is no issue afterwards "

Sounds to me it is just a maintenance issue, keep the spatter cleaned off.....

if you are doing "nozzle touch" that is the issue, if you are doing "wire touch" I would check the insulation of the nozzle

Oh, well

Advertising from our partners