Setting robot startup instructions

• Hello guys!
    I'm not an expert of Kuka robots, but have to try to create system with it without any training, only by reading manuals and etc.
    For now I have two questions:

As I understood, to run robot in auto mode I have to choose my program manually (like cell.src), then rotate the key and choose exp mode. And then with signals from PLC i can message robot to run my instractions, right?
    1. How to set up robot to automatically choose program like cell.src at startup and go to exp mode? I need to drop any stage of using smart-pad finally.
    2. Also in situations like emergency shutdown robot must memorize current code position (instruction), and be possible to automatically start from it after startup by only PLC call again. Is there any mechanisms for it?

I think, both of my questions should be clear and reasonable for any system, but I can't find the answer yet.
    KR 16-2, KRC 4
    Thank you in advance.

Edited once, last by Ortaz ().

• 0. I have read READ FIRST before writing the theme, in my view I did not violate any of your "rules". So dont understand why you are talking about it.
    1. Read it too. It doesn't help on my question.
    2. Answer "yes" doesn't help to do it too.

If you don't want to talking as normal people, I do not make you answer me. Let it to someone else.

• 0. just pointing you to key manuals and how to find them.
    1. CWRITE manual shows how to select, stop or cancel program
    2. i am not sure what you expect here but given information you provided i cannot be more specific. there is already a mechanism that keeps track of program execution and it is called instruction pointer. pressing emergency stop does not change that, robot can resume existing program after estop is cleared. just do not cancel or reset program.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 0. Oh, sorry then. Thank you.

1. Mb I dont understand something, but Cwrite is an instruction, right? To run it you must go to smartpad and start smthg with this instruction?) And also there is smth about serial interface which I don't use.
    I need to select the program, and go to exp mode only with signals from PLC. To exclude from this process guy with key who choose program in T1/T2 mode, turn key and choose exp mode. I thought, it might be smth like "default pre-settings". I will look at cwrite manual again if you sure, that the answer i need is there.

2. We tested this yesterday, with emergency stop robot saves chosen mod and program. After reload we can run it by input signals, but only from the start of the program. Not from the point where he was before he stoped.
    I'm doing palletize program, and if there was an emergency failure at the factory, there will be good if robot after restart will continue palletezing. But now people will be forced to remove the pallet with what lies on it. There is the way like "with GOTO instructions we can save current number of instruction on local disk after every instruction and download it at the start of cell.src, and create goto marks for every line of code, but this way is disaster :smiling_face:
    UP. Oh, I found that in Hibernate start type should be ok. Will test it later

3. And also somehow "Drivers on" signal doesn't work, it's my new question. Drivers off works correctly. I checked inputs in WorkVisual, all shoud be ok, but no.

• 1. There is another channel to communicate via cwrite, not only serial. And that's how you can cancel/stop and start a program. If You follow the instruction from panic mode you will find the answer. Search for cwrite, and the first result has the answer.

2. Emergency stop imho means a stop of the robot and all devices, but in Your case it seems to be a complete power down. That is a complete different thing. If the complete power down happens when someone presses the emergency stop button, there are big problems in the design of the cell, or big differences to the normal design of a cell.
    In case of power down the hibernate thing can help, but the rest of the cell also has to work properly after the restart of the power. Better thing may be to redesign the software, so that You can restart from any situation. I always do this kind of programming, it is not that easy, but it's worth the work.

3. State of other signals / Error messages when 'drives on' doesn't work. Remember that 'drives on' must be a rising edge signal, after all other states are clear to switch drives on.

• CWRITE in KRC4 does not support serial interface anyway... read the manual, use search function, this was discussed many times.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 1. Don't think that we will use any of cwrite's supported channels.
    2. Hermann, yeah, I meant power down (situations like loss of electricity at the factory). Hibernate start solve both first and second problems, as I think. Cause we can choose general program + ext mode once, and any restarts will not reset it + it saves the number of current instruction.
    3. Manually found that 'drivers on' works not only as positive edge signal, but positive edge signal + stable positive signal on "drivers off" input. And "drivers off" works as negative edge signal, that's how it's going.

• CWRITE $CMD is how programmatic Select/Cancel works from inside KRL. Many examples in archives. Also, default SPS usually includes code that automatically selects CELL.SRC if the robot is rebooted in EXT mode -- makes a useful example.

Advertising from our partners