Teach a tool

• Hi everybody, me again hehe :wallbash: (trying to keep the forum alive he)

I'd work with Kuka, ABB and Fanuc, in all of these robot I'm able to teach the tool, specifically the weight of the tool.

But in Staubli I can´t find how to do it. The controller somehow has to be aware of what it has connected, and make soft movements and acelerations.

Thanks!!!
    :merci:

• Hi Pj88,

have a look on the instuction setPayload.
    Althought the easiest way could be to do it by adding a tool in SRS (in the 3D section). Define the mass of each component cobined with the tool. Select the tool and in the register "Modeling" press "Check Payload" and then "Generate VAL3".

Hope I could help,

Best regards
    Psyril

The difference between theory and practice is greater in practice than in theory.

• Hi, Psyril.

I was searching about SetPayLoad and I couldn´t find anything in the VAL3 Manual, so I don´t understand where to use it in the program.

I don´t have the SRS license neither, so I believe I can´t use the option of "Check Payload" with the software. Right now I use the ftp server and program in .txt

Can you tell me how to complete the intruction SetPayLoad () in the program?

Thanks!

• This isn't described in the VAL3 manual, but in the readme of your SRC version.

Althought I found another way to define the static loads that are mounted on the arm. It might be easier. This is described in the instruction manual of your controller.

Best regards
    Psyril

The difference between theory and practice is greater in practice than in theory.

• the default settings are:
    - ** kg set in the tuning of the robot (the mass depends on the arm type)
    - 0 kg in cell.cfx

To change the payload, you call set it in cell.cfx or with setPayload()
    attention:
    setPayload() overwrite mass that have been set by tuning
    setPayload() does not overwrite mass that have been set by cell.cfx, this will be added up

Advertising from our partners