Beckhoff EK1101 not responding to power input from X55

• Hi everyone,

I'm running a KR3 Agilus R540 off a KRC4 compact with KSS V8.3.20. We have purchased a EK1101 bus coupler with an EL1008 and EL2008 I/O modules. Upon connecting the bus coupler to x65 and powering it by jumping pin 7/8 in x55 we get no response from the bus coupler, no LED's turn on which i believe they should. We tried reversing the order of pin 7/8 connected to the EK1101 to no effect. We checked the 24v to 0v terminals on the EK1101 to see if they were conducting and don't seem to be. Can anyone offer some advice in this situation?
    Pretty new to robotics so forgive me if this is a naive question.

Thanks a lot :smiling_face:

• my advice to stop trying connections until something works.... that is how you let magic smoke out and without magic, electronics don't work.

get documentation on your product and read how to power it up.

i have not used EL1101 yet but terminals should be same as on EL1100:
    there is a red/blue pair on top marked 24V and 0V. this is power to bus coupler.
    then there is two red (+) and two blue (-) terminals. they are power for IO modules.

BOTH of those need to be powered... !

Do not guess polarity, use multimeter.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for replying Panic,

We have read the documentation just couldn't really find our problem.
    How would we go about powering the 2 (+) and 2 (-) terminals on the coupler? Our x55 only has 7/8 pinned. Should we install our own?

• Follow up, we used a multimeter to test the voltage coming from x%% and we recorded a 0.5V. The documentation quotes x55 as 24V. Whats going on?

• actually that would depend on cabinet configuration
    If the KRC4compact was delivered with integrated Beckhoff IO, 7/8 would need to connect to 1/2
    If the cabinet was delivered with integrated Kuka IOB-16-16B, 7/8 would need to connect to 5/6
    etc.

if using external PSU, X55 contacts 7/8 would not need jumppers.

If IO is installed externally, there would be no need for jumpers either....

Advertising from our partners