Fanuc robot pauses between programs that have different tool/user frames

• Hello. I'm working on a job where my Fanuc robots M20-iB 25 robots have many different stations and TCPs to switch between on the fly. My main style program calls maybe 5 programs in a row for example, each with its own user frame and tool, since each robot has two grippers on it's end of arm tool. However, any time it changes user frames or tools, the program pauses for a split second then resumes again like it can't calculate the positions ahead of time. I've never had this problem before, but at the same time, I can't think of a job in the past that I've worked on where the robot is going to so many stations with different user frames in one program. Is this normal for Fanuc robots? to remedy this, do I need to make it so that all programs go off of one frame? Or is there another way? Thanks.

• This is normal behavior when changing frames. I'm not sure that there is a good solution. Changing everything to 1 frame is not a good practice.

Is it causing a real issue or just an annoyance?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• What i'd done is carrying the user frame until a point the the robot (for any other reason) has to wait/pause.

You could do it right when the robot is asking something to the PLC
    You could do it after a FINE point
    You could do right after gripping
    You will not go around the hesitation but at least it will happen when is less noticeable

Now, is this affecting the cycle time or somebody at work does like the pause ?

Retired but still helping

• If you change the frame in the middle of a program does it still pause or is it just when you call a new program with different frames? If possible combine all the motion programs into 1 main program and use IF statements and jump labels to navigate the program. I've done that before to remove the pause.

Advertising from our partners