Fanuc Rj3ib UOP Issue

• I am very novice to PLC and the programming it in the pendant it all seems relatively simple in the end In and Out. If and and to then.
    I have a Rj3ib controller that is set up to run programs by PNS. I am having an issue with it telling me that UOP is master when trying to run in AUTO. I am sure this is due to the Gate on the safety lock not locking. I am 100% unsure of how to figure out which rack and slot they have wired to my gate switch. Also I wanted to make sure that the remote/local option was properly set up. But do not know how to get to that screen. And if there is a screen that I can go to where it shows me line by line it checking for these I/O's before calling the program in AUTO. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• If you open Menu, I/O than press F1 [Type] you can check all the inputs and outputs of the robot.When you selected the type you want to check there is an option [Config] where you can check and edit the racks and slots of the in/output.

• If you open Menu, I/O than press F1 [Type] you can check all the inputs and outputs of the robot.When you selected the type you want to check there is an option [Config] where you can check and edit the racks and slots of the in/output.

Theoretically if I new the input and output for gate lock mechanism. I could turn it in and off manually?

• Here is the alarm hist of when I try to go in AUTO and hit cycle start on control box. The second pic is my gate lock. It has two signals that the HMI is looking for shown in 3rd pic. Gate Chain is it being shut. Which is Fence 1. Gates locked I am unsure of how this is setup. Assuming fence 2.

• Generally, you can either start the program remotely (external PLC, using PNS, RSR, Style or Other program selection methods) or locally (with the Cycle Start button).
    To switch to local program selection, either turn the small key on the controller's front panel (if the key is there, don't remember if the R-J3iB has it) from REMOTE to LOCAL, or go to Menu - System - Config and select Local in the appropriate place (kill me, I forgot the setting's name). You might also want to deactivate UOP signals if you don't want the PLC to interfere (or there is no supervising controller in the cell at all) - set Enable UOP signals to FALSE in the same menu.

• Generally, you can either start the program remotely (external PLC, using PNS, RSR, Style or Other program selection methods) or locally (with the Cycle Start button).
    To switch to local program selection, either turn the small key on the controller's front panel (if the key is there, don't remember if the R-J3iB has it) from REMOTE to LOCAL, or go to Menu - System - Config and select Local in the appropriate place (kill me, I forgot the setting's name). You might also want to deactivate UOP signals if you don't want the PLC to interfere (or there is no supervising controller in the cell at all) - set Enable UOP signals to FALSE in the same menu.

Well this is what the controller is looking for to start up. But isn't for some reason locking the gates. So remote and enable UI signals TRUE for both would be right?

So remote and enable UI signals TRUE for both would be right?

yes - but in that case, you won't be able to start the program from the robot's control panel.

The problem you are facing lies in the PLC and it's logic. What I would first do is try to first open all doors, make sure that the robots (as far as I see, there are 2 of them?) are in their home positions (if not, then move them manually), then switch back to auto, close all doors and then reset the safety.

• yes - but in that case, you won't be able to start the program from the robot's control panel.

The problem you are facing lies in the PLC and it's logic. What I would first do is try to first open all doors, make sure that the robots (as far as I see, there are 2 of them?) are in their home positions (if not, then move them manually), then switch back to auto, close all doors and then reset the safety.

OP10 is separate controller but same PLC. We aren't using this side of the cell. Separate turn table as well. I have robot homed. And close the gate, Key back too AUTO. TP off, walk up to HMI. Try to switch to AUTO there and nothing. I am unsure what you mean by resetting safety. I cllear the fault. But still showing that screen with gate lock condition not met. Can't run in AUTO. I am going to see if I can just disable the lock function since the gate latch open shuts down servo power anyways. So jumpering fence 2 in control box should show gate lock condition met or no?

• it might possibly help, but it depends on the connections and as I said before, on the logic in the PLC and safety system. On the HMI screen you posted earlier there are 2 fault messages saying that robots are in controlled stop - so the safety system seems to do something more than just a simple estop ok/nok + fence ok/nok evaluation.

• Does the PLC show the robots are at their home position? Check UO7 "AtPerch" on each robot and see if it's on. Seen many times where the home position was modified but reference position 1 was not touched up. Some setups also use a base switch that can go bad.

Advertising from our partners