hand guiding - safety configuration problem [modified]

• Hi there,

I am trying to run a hand guiding in auto mode for the first time, so I have created
    ESM with one row - hand guiding device inactive and set enabling switch MF Touch = true
    in a safety configuration. (according to the manual)
    After synchronizing of project and restarting robot and activate new safety conf. with added ESM state,
    I can't run any application. (When I set T1 or T2 mode, the enabling switch on the smartPAD
    does not respond to the press and in AUT mode the play button does not start the application - in both cases
    motion is denied). There is no error, Safety is ok - green light, but motion is denied. The only thing that works is hand guiding in T1, T2 mode (without a program)
    If I remove the ESM state, everything is running well again. In the Annex I add screenshots of my safety configuration.

EDIT: There are some errors in a protocol:
    - Generic device error
    - position invalid (ID1,...,ID7)
    - Axis range data ID1,...,ID7 invalid
    - Axis range ID1,...,ID7 unknow
    But after activation safety conf. there are only one warning (positions sensor not referenced)

does anyone know how to fix it?

(LBR iiwa 7 R800/Touch pneumatisch)

I will be happy for any advice

Marhy

• get familiar with manual. it tells you how to reference each joint (just jog it past certain point or make program that does that).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• get familiar with manual. it tells you how to reference each joint (just jog it past certain point or make program that does that).

I know, how to reference joints (i have a program for this), but my problem is, the motion enable is denied, (I cant move with the robot)
    because of added ESM in safety conf. contains a hand guiding device inactive. There is no error in device status..

• Hey Marhy,

First, run PositionAndGMSReferencing in AUT to get rid of any position/torque related referencing errors. When in AUT, with the PositionAndGMSReferencing program selected, press the Hand Guiding enabling switch until the run symbol on the SmartPAD illuminates.

https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…4-r820/msg82896/#msg82896
    Try looking through this forum post; this is how I got hand guiding to work for the first time, mind you, without a Media Flange designed for hand guiding. A couple things you can try:

1) Try to perform hand guiding in T1 Frames view

2) Write a test program that has a call to robot.move(HandGuidingMotion motion)
    - I've attached a good test program to try and it should hopefully help you understand the configuration a little better
    - ESM States attached below.

3) Switch your handguiding enabled/disabled ESM states (maybe you configured them in the wrong order?)

Try these out if you can, and if you're still having trouble some helpful things to include would be snippets of test code or any diagrams to help describe the problem.

Let us know if this helps!
    -Alex

• Hi Alex,

Thank you for your comprehensive response!

1) Try to perform hand guiding in T1 Frames view

I'm not sure I understand it well.
    I could create a background task, and with the help of getCurrentCartesianPosition() I can
    to monitor the frames during a hand guiding in T1. Is this what you meant?

I've attached a good test program to try and it should hopefully help you understand the configuration a little better

Thank you for your test program. I think I understand, how a hand guiding works. I have a similar program (inspired by the manual),
    and ESM I have the same like you (inspired by the manual too).

When in AUT, with the PositionAndGMSReferencing program selected, press the Hand Guiding enabling switch until the run symbol on the SmartPAD illuminates.

Good idea...this way I could run any application in AUT mode and If it works, it will be good.
    Anyway, I would like to figure out how to run an application in T1 mode, this is the my biggest problem :thinking_face:

There are my HMI screenshots in the annex (with activated ESM according to you)

Marhy

• Sorry for the confusion with the part about HandGuiding in T1 in the Frames View. I believe that, depending on your version of Sunrise (I'm currently on 1.9.1.7 and this feature has probably been modified in later versions), a built in feature for the robot is being able to activate HandGuiding in T1 when you are in the Frames View. Our robot is able to do this on startup, but once HandGuiding has been used in AUT mode (in an application), the T1 Frames View functionality goes away for a reason we still haven't determined. From your initial post, it appears that HandGuiding works in T1, so I believe you will need to reference it in AUT before continuing testing in T1. Unfortunately, I haven't done much testing with T1 and HandGuiding lately, so I don't know if I can help much there.

College student currently in undergraduate program in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science working internship with a KUKA LBR iiwa R800 7kg Robot.  I'm still learning the basics, but I hope to master the techniques necessary to operate and understand this robot during my time in University!

• Hello everyone,

So the problem continues...

First, run PositionAndGMSReferencing in AUT to get rid of any position/torque related referencing errors. When in AUT, with the PositionAndGMSReferencing program selected, press the Hand Guiding enabling switch until the run symbol on the SmartPAD illuminates.

Unfortunately, if I press the hand guiding enabling switch on MF, I can only move with the robot by hand,
    but the run symbol on the SmartPAD not illuminates. Even if I hold the hand guiding enabling switch
    pressed for a long time..so I'm still stuck :thinking_face:

We will try to write to the Kuka company for advice

Marhy

Edited once, last by Marhy ().

• Just got upgraded to 1.14.1.15, and now I see what your problem is! This feature definitely changed some version after 1.9, and I am currently going through the hoops to figure out how to fix this.

College student currently in undergraduate program in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science working internship with a KUKA LBR iiwa R800 7kg Robot.  I'm still learning the basics, but I hope to master the techniques necessary to operate and understand this robot during my time in University!

• A very pertinent note from Chapter 13.10.4 in the manual:

The configured ESM state with the lowest number is automatically active when the controller is booted.

You mention that ESM 1 is the state with "handguiding device inactive" correct? If this is the case, make ESM 1 with AMF "handguiding device active", then your ESM 2 should have AMF "handguiding device inactive", with all the necessary parameters. The reason this is a problem is that the robot is designed to allow hand guiding regardless of whether it is in an application or not. On start, if the state "handguiding device inactive" is waiting for the device to be used, then the robot application cannot be run. This solved my problem, let me know if it solves yours too!

• I figured out the actual problem; in StationSetup.cat, you need to set "Enable manual guidance in Automatic mode" to false. This will make it so that instead of always allowing the device to be activated, it will only be activated when robot.move(handGuiding()) is called in code. See the attachment, then when you change this value to true, go to the installation tab and install the new setup (this will take a minute, and you will be prompted to restart the robot when it is done installing). After this, your code should work.

• Hi Alex,

I have 1.10.0.8 version.
    I think I've tried to set all the combinations of ESM states :grinning_squinting_face:
    I tried to set only one ESM state which contained hand guiding device active (ESM 1), and the problem persisted.
    Next time, try setting up the StationSetup.cat, as you have advised me.

Anyway...I partially solved my problem. I just tried to run the hand guiding application without any ESM states,
    just robot.move(handGuiding()), and it's worked... :grinning_squinting_face: I do not understand how it is possible, and maybe I do not want to..

In any case, I will let you know, if the change in StationSetup.cat will help.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners