5 axis milling (drip feed)

• Is it possible to drip feed a program into the robot for the purpose of 5 axis milling?

Communication requirement? Ethernet or 232C
    Software required for drip feed?

Already looking into Delcam robot, RobotMaster w/mastercam, Autodesk Robot for the mill program aspect.

Thanks

• I am assuming that this is a newer robot? Could you specify your controller model?

Assuming your CAM software can generate a fully functional .tp file, then you can send it to the robot via FTP. No special software needed. You just need to make sure it can generate the correct file type.

After that if you want to then automatically tell the robot when to start, you could use any number of communication methods (24vdc inputs, EthernetIP, serial, etc.)

• Forgot that key piece of info.

It is a RJ2 controller for a S-420iW robot. The controller does have a Ethernet remote PCB ER1T card installed.

• You will most likely have a challenging time getting this to work with such an old robot.

Do you have access to the Ethernet controller backup, FTP setup manual?

Have you used kfloppy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• I do not have the Ethernet controller back nor the FTP setup manual yet.

Need to contact Fanuc about the kfloppy program since we purchased these robots used.

• Since they are used, I assume you have not paid to re-licensce the robot with Fanuc?

You have to be licensed to get support from them, and it's not cheap. The license will cost more than what you paid for the robot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Yea waiting on the response from fanuc on that. Paid less than 4k for 6 robots I believe.

Mastercam quote came back at 20k plus for the 5 axis mode which was expected. This would still require Robotmaster which Im still awaiting a reply to.

Powermill will be quoted later on this month with a test of the trial software once I can upload files.

Advertising from our partners