KUKA KRC4 error "Current Overload after 60.0 s (A2)(Holding Current)"

• Hello,

I am working on KUKA KRC4 robot controller and KR500R2830 C4 FLR robot. Its a handling robot with 5 different tools for it. One tool is used by the robot each time. Robot gripper weighs : 81.19Kgs
    1. Temperature tool which weighs : 100Kgs
    2. Ground tool which weighs : 083 Kgs
    3. Lance tool which weighs : 083Kgs
    4. Spoon tool which weighs : 100Kgs
    5. Slag tool which weighs : 282Kgs

When I run the program for first 4 tools i.e. Temperature, Gorund, Lance, Spoon, The robot seems to be perfect and fine in all modes(T1,T2, Auto & Auto Ext) and for all speeds.

But when I try to run the Slag tool, I get this error "Current Overload after 60.0 s (A2)(Holding Current)" for few couple of seconds and it goes off. Then pops up the error acknowledge "Ackn. Cyrrent Overload after 60.0 s (A2)(holding Current)". when I acknowledge this message, then i am able to continue my program.

This error we get when we run the program in T1, T2 or Auto Ext mode randomly at any motion point (not particular to any fixed points). We don’t get this error when we are jogging the robot with the tool in T1 mode from 1% to 100% speed. and this is only for particularly the fifth slag tool.

Astonishingly, we have same setup with same configuration robot (100% identical) running in the same plant with same tools(weight and design) and it works completely fine. with no errors or issues of current overload.

I tried finding the remedy for error code but no solution for error code: KSS26011 and acknowledgement error code: KSS26010.

Kindly find the error pic I have uploaded.

Any resolution, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
    Niks :help:

• Hello,

Please find the attached load data for the tool[11] which is for slag tool.

The attachments are as old robot load configuration for old robot data and tool load data for slag for new robot.

Let me know if you need any further information.

• 1. if your tool changer weigh 80kg, slug tool weight 282kg, that is total weight of 360+ kg payload which is not what your load shows.
    2. even with 282kg load, your robot is statically overloaded because CoG is more than a meter away from flange. download Kuka.Load from http://www.kuka.com and check it out....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello,

Thank you so much for your valuable advise. I got the software and put in the values. I appreciate your help Panic Mode.

KUKA.Load says that the robot is Statistically Overloaded. Please find the attached screen shot.

But the thing is exactly the same robot and same design and same weighing tool is been used at the site. we find no errors or robot stop due to Current Overload error.

Kindly advise.

• well... who is to say that the other robot is not overloaded either? according to Kuka.Load - it definitely is.

you can say that they are the same but... you provide not data to support that claim..
    did you try contacting kuka and explaining what is happening? did you provide name plates of both robots and cabinets?
    how about KRCdiag for both robots?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello,

Yes you are right. There is overload problem in the old robot too. Only thing is we don't get that pop message and robot dosn't stop. But we can see the sagging effect and after every 3-4 days the robot has to be re-teached for the production to go on.

We are in contact with the KUKA person and he says that there is no issue with the overload, but it might be some current or mechanical issue. The KUKA service engineer is suppose to be here, but not yet.

We have sent the KRCDIAG of both the robots, Mechanical zero posn pics and Latest archive to the KUKA team, But no response from them yet.

We have also sent the robot controller and robot manipulator's serial number to the KUKA team.

• get WorkVisual projects from both robots and do comparison (in WorkVisual).
    let Kuka check firmware versions and logs

3) read 1 and 2

• ouch... :icon_eek:

That is why commissioning is to be done by qualified service. also good way to loose warranty.

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by SkyeFire ().

• Yep. And the Titan (KR-1000) is a special case -- if it is air-freighted (as opposed to sea freight), it will be delivered with the counterbalance empty, due to air transport safety regulations (at full pressure, the counterbalance presents an explosion risk at high altitude). So one must be extra careful about inspecting any Titan when it is delivered.

Normally, any KUKA robot should be delivered from the factory to the local KUKA branch office for checkout, before being road-shipped to the final destination, but often some customers skip this step and have the robots drop-shipped directly from the factory. Which can leads to cases like a brand-new Titan with an empty counterbalance, and no one aware of the issue....

• not just Titan, any robot (Quantec, 2000 series etc.) that is shipped by air must have no stored energy so... counterbalance must be empty and charged on site. And there is a large reminder taped to the the counterbalance....

3) read 1 and 2

• Exactly right.. The root cause for this error was due to empty counterbalance. The robot was already installed and covered with fire jacket due to which we missed out to check for it... Thank you so much for your assistance.

• Why do people insist on posting lousy screenshots instead of simply transcribing the correct information?

"Robot was mastered yesterday" -- what was the robot doing before? Was it working properly with this payload? Why did the robot have to be re-mastered? Did it have a collision with something?

1% sounds implausibly low. What are your actual $LOAD values?

• the way i read it, robot was mastered and then it worked for hours before failing.

so something changed... messages simply state what KRC has detected. one need to take that into consideration and think about what the problem may be. overcurrent happens when there is a current larger than expected. this can be because something related to that axis failed:

motor itself

motor wiring (yellock connectors are junk, i have seen need to reconnect them)

servo drive

mechanical interference

etc.

the tool is offset so depending on A5 and A6 position, maybe it can reach the arm itself.

Also this seem to be Agilus (Gen1) so A6 on this robot does not have a mastering cartridge meaning A6 must be dial mastered.... which could be error prone. slight error may still allow robot to work for a while but it points are not verified or touched up after mastering, it could mean that robot is jamming tool into something solid every time it tries to pick or place arts, eventually it would only be matter of time until something gives... that something could be indicated by motor overcurrent.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners