kuka ip address configuration issue

• hello & hope the best of all forum members...
    i am working on a kuka KRC4 robot. yesterday i shut down the system properly with no alarm in the pendant. today when i turn on the kuka robot it stucks on the screen attached below. showing some alarms mentioned :
    1: could not set ip address
    unable to configure ip address automatically
    2: No connection to KRC possible
    3: KCP IP
    IP address request failed
    cannot request ip address

any help will be highly appreciated as i am working on a project and this stops alll the work... :icon_frown:

• i have checked the PC of the controller is running, fan is running. when connect a mouse just for testing purpose it's lights on showing it's getting power but when i connected monitor to the DVI port, it shows no display on the monitor.
    also the led's of KLI and KCB are offi don't understand what could be the reason for this?

• both smartPad and KRC4 have own CPU and OS. For them to communicate, both need to boot up and start talking.
    if either of them fails to reach point where they are ready to talk, no communication takes place.

using monitor is excellent idea but... this must be connected before controller power is turned on. if monitor is not detected during boot, video output is usually off.

another thing to try is to reboot again or just reconnect smartPad. also check if anything is left connected *USB?). if Windows detcts change or tries to do update, boot process may hang on something stupid like dialog ("would you like to...." or "windows recognized something...").

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• thanks for reply..
    sir when you say reboot, you means to "turn on the controller again and wait for the process". but sir to see if booting problem is or any windows message, display should be on but at DVI port monitor is not giving any display.

• if you connect monitor to DVI port and after that turn power on to controller and there is nothing showing up of monitor, one of following is the case:
    * monitor is not turned on
    * monitor is not using correct input
    * KPC is defective

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• the problem seems to be with KPC as ram is also in ok condition, HHD is also ok and checked. still when a monitor is connected it gives no display.
    as per motherboard, when i remove the power supply it gives a red indication on the motherboard that means it senses the absence of power supply that is on the top side of the KPC a small connector.
    now i dont know whether the problem is with motherboard or networking.
    anyone who can share layout of motherboard that is fujitsu d3236-k

• today when i turn on the system, just connected an external monitor at DVI port to recheck the bios status.
    it was pleasent to see that the KUKA robot starts normally. I dont know how this problem solves.
    but the motherboard is working fine, no error on teach pendant.

• these two messages are saved in the log on last operating date.
    "Short-circuit braking active"
    "Short-circuit braking request of the safety controller active"
    today after during normal start it gives these messages
    "KUKA Power Management Service version 8.3.0.0 started"
    "Power Management Service initialized"
    "Ackn. Stop due to field bus error"
    what they all means.
    any help kindly

• Its normal with KUKA systems that sometimes during booting process they stuck at some stage and system couldn't load properly, you must try once or twice again rebooting.

only field bus error message is important.
    Do acknowledge this message, it will remove, this message could be appear if any of the node initializes late and system generates missing signal of that slave.
    In message details, you will also find node details.

• This problem is normally caused by what is the reason, because we have encountered a similar problem, are using KUKA U disk to reinstall the system, do not know what the operation caused such a failure? :icon_smile:

Life-long learning<br /><br />Best Regards

Edited once, last by Andy_lv ().

• Hi there, unfortunately, I am experiencing the same issue this afternoon as shown in the picture below.

0?ui=2&ik=3f5a9a6aba&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-a:r8916104920004384089&th=186e83b6e4fda56f&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-0LLLeNqea32bFSZl7n57gyL6moMHJkDnvHKzuUYLYP42RjDaCLHD54eUTSp_a6elSGA_1VxQzrlCEgyhAGxPNPzhkHXdywdRZUKKG-z9iRrpdjk_yZpbI17c&disp=emb&realattid=186e83aebfe893ca4631

Did you solve it by simply rebooting it the next day? I followed your instructions to diagnose the issue by connecting a monitor, but Windows failed to boot due to a driver-related problem. I wonder if anyone knows if the IP issue could be caused by the Windows failure? Any advice on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated! My current work has completely stopped because of this issue :frowning_face:

Advertising from our partners