Mount Angle

• It helps keep your robot in the exact same place if you ever have to remove and replace the robot or if it ever becomes a little loose and you have to tighten the mounting bolts.

It takes very little extra effort to do it right so why not just do it right?

• Thank you for your answer. yes it will take little extra effort. but as per my appliation it difficult to even make extra hole and insert dowel pins. for long time i dont need to replce my robot. i will change robot once it's scrape.

• Changing the mount angle will affect collision detection sensitivity, which should be good in this case. I am kind of surprised it's not throwing false alarms as is.

It can also affect the axis limits, but that varies by mechanical model. That information can be found in the mechanical unit operator's manual.

• i have forgot to chage mounting angle at 90 degree, and i tech all point on 0 degree as amounting angle.

can i simple now change the mounting angle? how will affect on my current programm?

If you change the mount angle the world frame will also rotate. Therefore, I would assume that it won't affect your existing programs/taught points.

I would strongly recommend to set up the correct mount angle. pdl already pointed out why you should do it.

Advertising from our partners