Programming Beckhoff safety PLC EL6900 with KUKA KRC4

• Hi all,

I have an EL6900 Safety PLC from Beckhoff, along with downstream IO devices EP1908 (safe inputs), EP1008 (inputs), and EP2008 (outputs).
    I'm using an EK1914 coupler and an EL2904 (safe outputs). Further, I'm trying to use the KEB (x44) for communication to the safety PLC.

Long story short, I have a safety system with safe inputs and outputs, hooked to the x44.

Here's my end goal: I'm looking to have the KRC4 as the EtherCAT master here, while the safety PLC sits there and monitors the safe inputs, and enables or disables the safe outputs for the robot.
    I can control the safety PLC fully using TwinCAT on my PC. My question is: Can I control/program the safety PLC from WorkVisual? If yes, how? If no, how do I go about achieving my end goal?

Thanks,
    Hyperion

• Which KSS-Version, and which options are installed?
    You cannot program the safety PLC from Workvisual.
    You have to activate the safety signals over EhterCat in WorkVisual, but therefore You need the correct option on the robot (don't know the name of the option).
    But in the documentation it is mentioned that it is an option.

There is a fix assignment of the safety signals in the robot. Nothing to program, only to activate or deactivate.

Edit: You can find here https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…afe-as-safety-controller/ some more infos.

Edited once, last by hermann ().

• Here are the details you asked for:

I'm using version 8.3.33 on the controller.
    I had planned to have the safe outputs on the safety PLC act as the safety signals for the robot. From there, it should be a relatively simple case of activating or deactivating the right signals, like you said.

Still looking for the right KOP though. I'll keep looking. Could you post the name if you find it though?

Thanks for the info,
    Hyperion

• all KOP files for your system are on D:\TECH_OPT

KRC4 can only be EtherCat master. But your PLC also must be master if you intend to use safety (FSoE). That means you must use bridge EL6695 between them.

List of safety signals is defined in SafeOperation manual (it is same for CIP safety, ProfiSafe and FSoE). Mapping is fixed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners