Torchmate

• Hi,

I've recently taken a job where a major part of my duties is programming and maintaining 6 robotic cells. 5/6 are Fanuc, 1 is Panasonic.

One of the Fanuc Cells is a Genesis Robot with ArcMate 100iBe and r-j3iB. When the cell was set-up, no one set up TorchMate to function properly. At present, when ran it just messes up the points for all of the programs rather than compensating for torch alignment issues. This happened recently. and now I am cleaning up the mess.

Does anyone have a work-around or other advice for setting up TorchMate? Or maybe some documentation, like a programming guide, etc?

The robot is not IR equipped, either.

I know that I can flag the program so that people know not to run it, but I'd much rather make use of the feature. Any help is appreciated.

:help:

• we were told by a fanuc teck that he did not reccomend using torchmate on A regular basis. The reason why is just what you are experiencing.
    Should only be used for torch replacement. I always wondered how the cast in the wire affected it anyway. We dont use it except for torch replacement.
    When we do almost all the welds needs touched up. Good luck.

Advertising from our partners