Line tracking + collaborative operation CR-35iA

• Hello all Fanuc Experts,

I need help trying to solve na issue.
    So I have a collaborative operation using a CR-35iA Robot and I'm stuck with a problem which I didn't realize beforehand.

I'll be using linetracking because I have a moving frame for a pick and place operation on a conveyor, during the part place phase I was hoping to use area laser scanners to protect the perimeter, since the robot cell is open, so far so good.

The problem comes when I need to stop the robot during the tracking phase which will be following the placing of the part. In fact I cannot stop the robot by the laser scanner breach during the line tracking phase or it will lose the tracking reference and cause a collision (in my case).

To deal with the problem of not being able to stop the robot during tracking we decided that the only to deal with it was to stop the conveyor. Since the conveyor is synced with the robot by the encoder this will make the robot stop.

Then another problem comes up...... I can stop the robot's X movement (encoder synced movement), but how do I stop the robot's Z movement if a laser scanner area breach occurs?

Thanks for your help.

Advertising from our partners