Test signals for the robot axes

• Hi!
    I need to check speed of robot axis with TestSignRead but in the manual only signals for external axes are given.
    Does anybody know how can I get numbers of signals and channels for all of six axes?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C. Clarke

• I haven't tried this out in production so test at own risk but I believe you just have to specify name of the unit and define the axis, so you would have to set up 6 TestSignDefine for each axis

In the manual replace the mechanical unit name with the robot unit to get the joint reference - it'll most likely be ROB_1 unless it's been re-named.

I use this reference for resetting axis values like a rotary mechanical unit ie:

IndReset ROB_1,6\RefNum:=0\Short;

Taylor Guitars - Robotics Engineer
    - IRC5 IRB4400
    - IRC5 IRB2400
    - S4C+ IRB4600
    - S4 IRB2400
    - Epson G3-351 RC180

• Thanks.
    I found number of test signal for axis speed (it's 4001) but it works only with Robotware 6.05. And I have a robot with Robotware 6.01.
    I tested it with Test Signal Viewer and in RAPID with TestSignDefine but I get some plots only for the newer version.
    And now I am a little bit confused. Does it work only for RW 6.05 or maybe each version has different numbers of test signals.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C. Clarke

Advertising from our partners