Setting IP address of IRC5 controller

• I am trying to get an IRC5 controller (ver 6) to communicate with an AB controllogix PLC. I need to set the IP address of the robot but cannot find the location to do this in the robot menu’s. I have stumbled my way through this about a year ago but cannot figure it out now. Does anyone have some tips?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Pretty sure you have to do an X start? At least I. Older ones anyway - check the manual for the key sequence.
    I think it's go to restart and press 125 I don't have it in front of me. Do a backup before hand

Taylor Guitars - Robotics Engineer
    - IRC5 IRB4400
    - IRC5 IRB2400
    - S4C+ IRB4600
    - S4 IRB2400
    - Epson G3-351 RC180

• Pretty sure you have to do an X start? At least I. Older ones anyway - check the manual for the key sequence.
    I think it's go to restart and press 125 I don't have it in front of me. Do a backup before hand

Woof - not sure what I was doing on the weekend.

Here's my notes from the last time I did this:

On IRC5:
    Service->Restart->Advanced->X-Start.
    Wait the boot, then enter LAN Settings, etc.

On the S4C+:
    Select Other Windows->Service->Restart, then before pressing OK, type 159 on the numeric pad. An "X-Start" option will appear where before was "OK".
    Enter Lan-Settings, and input your data (IP address, mask, etc). Put the same address both in IP field and Gateway field.
    Another warm-start will be requested. Perform it.
    In the next session, you will have to select the system to boot (usually there's only one system, just select it and press OK).
    At the end of the boot the procedure is finished and you can try connect through the LAN.
    For what I know, no additional option is needed on S4C+ to connect on the 100Mbit port.

Taylor Guitars - Robotics Engineer
    - IRC5 IRB4400
    - IRC5 IRB2400
    - S4C+ IRB4600
    - S4 IRB2400
    - Epson G3-351 RC180

• This is actually pretty simple on an IRC5. There's two ways to do it. On the teach pendant, go to the ABB menu>Restart>advanced>Start Boot Application (X-Start). Wait for the restart, then when the robot restarts it is in the Boot application. Enter your IP address, select the system, and restart again.

You can also do this in robot studio. When connected to the controller, go to Controller Tab>"Configuration" section of the top ribbon>Properties> network settings> enter settings> restart.

Advertising from our partners