Roboguide simulation issues

• Hi everyone.

I'm using Roboguide to simulate my TP programs from my actual Fanuc robot but the simulation always stops with errors about singularity, I change all the values from the frames (User and tool) of the welding station we have in the laboratory but the simulation keeps stoping even with simple task like move from Home some inches forward.

Maybe are the frames but still don't get how to solve the problem, if someone have an advice I will be very thankful!

PS: I attached a screenshot for reference of an actual try, the robot/simulation stops right there. And English is not my first language.

• Hola Yasmin
    Singularity ocurrs on linear motions and the arm pass through a singularity (most of the times wrist singularity, J5=0)

For that welding torch your UTOOL should be difined with X,Z components (Y=0)
    and the angle orientation with negative pitch angle, the other angles roll,yaw zero

With that done, when jogging in tool coordinates
    X moves the torch forward, backwards
    Y moves the torch sideways
    Z moves the torch vertically, Z+ is the approach direction (towards the material)

User frame definition is un-important for teaching at this point

Then create your targets in roboguide either by jogging the robot or use a cad model to define the points

One important thing is that when you define the tool is to chose Z+ as the approach direction
    So when you create a point on a Surface the point will be created with z+ pointing downwards (towards the material)

Keep linear motions only for process motion (welding) and use joint motions for everything else

If you should you linear motions strictly then you can use wrjnt, to move without singularity

Advertising from our partners