Communication keyence camera with kuka controller

• Hello,

i want to connect a keyence camera with KRC4 controller, i know already that the connection has to be in ethernet, and we are already using the port X66 for profinet communication, so how can i connect this camera to the controller via ethernet ?

i have KSS version : 8.3.7
    controller type : KRC4
    robot type : Lbr iiwa R_820

i heard that i should use workvisual to modify robot project, but i don't know in which way i should modify it.

attached you can find a screenshot of my project structure in workvisual.

• no offence but... please stop laying waste... we are trying to keep this site clean.

think what you are doing before you post:
    * check forum guidelines,
    * post in correct forum section,
    * provide details
    * don't create duplicate topics,
    * don't send alerts to moderators unless there is an issue or inappropriate content was posted (something to be deleted). act responsibly. would you want your posts or account deleted?

Hello,

i want to connect a keyence camera ...

are you sure they make only one? you are not in Keyence forum, why do you assume that everyone knows which product this should be (even if it was the only one)? where is the datasheet? what communication interfaces it has? how is it configured? how about network settings? how do you think it should connect to robot controller? do you have Ethernet switch? what kind?

your controller is NOT a KRC4 - it is a Sunrise controller:
    https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…s/(iiwa)-sunrise-cabinet/

you cannot use IIWA with KSS 8.3.7, because KSS is used with standard robots and it is completely different from what you see on your teach pendant. IIWA is a collaborative robot and uses Sunrise OS. And you did not mention it's version...nor WoV version...

and WoV screenshot confirms that you are dealing with Sunrise controller

i know already that the connection has to be in ethernet, and we are already using the port X66 for profinet communication, so how can i connect this camera to the controller via ethernet?

What do you mean? what kind of ethernet? ProfiNet is Ethernet, so is EtherCat, and EthernetIP and others...
    have you seen this:
    https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…ion-via-io-configuration/

i heard that i should use workvisual to modify robot project, but i don't know in which way i should modify it.

stay on track and pay attention. that response was offered BEFORE you revealed that this is IIWA robot and topic was moved. do you see how poor choices when asking questions lead to confusion and less than perfect responses?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Hello Panic,

first of all, i admit that i didn't understand the fully requirements needed for posting in this forum, and i apologize for it.

concerning Camera :

type of camera : CV-x400

the datasheet : you will find it attached.

- Communication interfaces it has : ethernet and RS 232

- how is it configured : for now the camera is configured for profinet communication with the PLC.

- yes i have ethernet switch : siemens scalance ( the serie i don't have information for now).

- how i think it should connect to robot : normally as the support of keyence said ' it has to be connected by ethernet non procedural to the robot'

- also i asked the kuka support : they said that i can use the port X65 for ethernet, even that it's ethercat port.

- what you said is true, it's a sunrise controller.

i apologize again for any inconvenience. Thank you.

• X65 is Extension bus and it is indeed using EtherCat but - your camera does not support EtherCat so X65 is out of question.

Your best option seem to be using ProfiNet and X66.

• unless they gave you detailed list of all changes to allow this, answer is - it's not going to work like that.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners