Process data management

• Hi everyone,
    I've got an application handling "ProcessData"... I can't find how to manage them through java (Creating, deleting, modifying), only reading is available.

Any information? Documentation?

Thanks.
    Regards.

• How to use process data is not explicitly described in the manual, this is true.
    [list type=decimal]

• you have to preconfigure the process data you want in the RoboticsAPI.data.xml. Take a look at the RoboticsAPI.data.ProcessDataExample.xml

• synchonize project

• use the process data in your robot application (there is a little example in the manual. Chapter 8.3.2 (V1.14)) or on the HMI.

[/list]

• You can read/write from the java code, but to add/delete, edit the XML file directly (at least that's what I do).

You can have these types in the ProcessData XML file: Integer, Double, String and Boolean.

Check the file "RoboticsAPI.data.ProcessDataExample.xml" to get the gist of it.

To add your own process data, go to the end of your "RoboticsAPI.data.xml" file, just underneath </objectTemplates> put something like:

Code
    </objectTemplates>
    <processDataContainer>
                <processData displayName="Application Delay" dataType="java.lang.Integer" defaultValue="6" id="DelayProcessData" min="1" max="10" value="6"/> 
    </processDataContainer>
    </RoboticsAPIData>

to read it:

Code
    int delay =  getApplicationData().getProcessData("DelayProcessData").getValue()  ;

to modify it:

Code
    getApplicationData().getProcessData("DelayProcessData").setValue(3); // change the mode veille animation to handGuiding one
  • Hi to all, please an information about process data.

Are they retentive after shutdown ? Or they return to the default value ?

Thanks to all.

Advertising from our partners