Left-Hand coordinate system

• I know that all robot User and Tool frames follow the right-hand rule. Is there any possible way to change this via a system variable or special software option in order to define a left-handed user-frame?

(Using R-30ib, SpotTool+ v8.3)

• I don't know the answer, but just out of curiosity, why do yo need that and what difference does it make ?

And about your question, well look at your right hand and imagine axis X (pointer finger), Y(middle finger), Z (thumb) all pointing into positive direction.

Now take a look at your left hand with the same rule imagine axis X (pointer finger), Y(middle finger), Z (thumb) all pointing into positive direction.

Now try to think how to rotate your right hand to match left hand (all fingers need to hold still). If you can find a solution for that than I'm sure there is a way to do it on a robot, if not I don't think that's possible.

• I have many programs that need to be mirrored. I can easily do this using the Mirror Utility, but then I will have twice as many programs to maintain. If I could simply set up a left-handed user frame then I can use the same exact programs without modification. (user tool may have to be modified also).

As far as I can tell there is no way to do this, but I did see the manual mention a Left Hand and Right hand Paint robot. I am not using paint robots so not sure if this option exists for regular robots, and I'm not exactly sure what it does.

• It would be a lot of work, but you could decide what axis needs to be reversed, and multiply that axis by a register value for every point individually, then set that value to +1 or -1 based on whether you needed it reversed or not. It would be a nightmare, though.

• It would be a lot of work, but you could decide what axis needs to be reversed, and multiply that axis by a register value for every point individually, then set that value to +1 or -1 based on whether you needed it reversed or not. It would be a nightmare, though.

I thought about this and decided it would be worse than just creating duplicate programs.

The paint robot left hand setting sounds like it is capable, but knowing how Fanuc software works I doubt that it is available on handlingtool or spottool. If it is I'll post back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertising from our partners