Merging paint programs into one long TP-program or sorting them in folders

• Hi!

I'm using PaintPro to develope robot programs for our P250ia paint robot. The software is designed, correct me if I'm wrong, in such a way that I have to draw a paint zone for each feature of the part. Each paint zone, edge/plane/corner ect results in one TP-program and at the end I create a JOB which in turn calls each paint zone program. This wouldn't have been a problem if I was to paint one part, but we have 108 parts that runs through the paint prosess. Each part have one JOB-file which could call 5-20 TP-programs, which results in thousands of TP-programs.

My questions:

1) Is there a way to merge TP-programs together to create one long program instead of many small ones? I know copy and paste would work, but to save time I was hoping for a smoother solution.

2) Is there a way to sort programs into folders? If I could create 108 folders that would be a good solution too.

Thank you all for answers!

best,

Silento

• If I had an application where I was trying to combine multiple smaller programs into a single larger program I would do it on a computer by editing the .ls files in a text editor. But if you did that you have to have a way to compile the .ls back to a .tp file. The two common ways that I know of to do that is:
    a) Use Roboguide.
    b) There is an option that allows .ls files to be loaded into the robot, then the robot then complies to file to .tp. The option is named something like "ASKII-LOAD".

• Thanks for the reply, guys!

I have a workcell in PaintPro/RoboGuide and I download the LS.file and modify the program in texteditor (adding paint paramaters are very timely on Teach pendant/visual teach pendant) and then reload it into robotguide which creates the TP. In the same process I could copy past all LS-files into one, but this is also timely.

Collections seems to be a good solution, but Im not able to create one. According to the manual, one should set $COLLECT_ENB to false (in my case to 0?) and this will add the collection to sub types when creating a new TP. But, as I said, the option CO/Collections does not come up.

Any suggestion for how to create this`?

Thanks!

Advertising from our partners