RSI mix with manual control

• Hi,

Here is what I would like to achieve in order.

-Download a path to the robot.

- Run the path while having it adjusted dynamically based on sensors.

- At any point in the path, be able to stop and manually adjust the path with the controller.

- Resume the auto adjusting based on sensor input.

-Have the new path saved so it can run next time without the sensors.

I believe RSI is what I am looking for. But my main question is will I be able to pause the RSI loop and do manual adjustments ?

Any ideas on what procedure could I use to achieve this ?

KRC4 with kss > 8 and should eventually have access to RSI 3.2

Thanks

• RSI can't really be "paused", as such. And it cannot be active while the robot is being jogged manually. However, depending on your specific circumstances, it may be possible to terminate the RSI function, then have it restart from whatever the robot's new post-jogging position is.

Another option might be to keep RSI running the whole time, and feed it command inputs for the "jogging" phase, rather than trying to switch to Teach mode and jog the robot from the pendant. In this scenario, you would have to create a set of signal switching paths in your RSI function, and rig a control signal that would switch the motion control inputs from the sensor to (for example) some inputs from a different source. These "remote jogging" inputs would be 0 normally, causing the robot to come to a halt once the "switch" signal was received. Then the robot could be incrementally jogged by feeding the "remote jogging" inputs values from a user interface. This would require running everything in Relative rather than Absolute mode, however.

Advertising from our partners