Communicating between 2 robots in Roboguide

• Hi everyone!

Our existing setup consists of 2 M10-iA Robots that are side by side and used for arc welding. There is also 2 manipulators on a H-Frame.

On Pendant 1 in G1 is Robot 1, G2 manipulator 1 and G3 manipluator 2. On pendant 2 is Robot 2.

Online, Robot to Robot Communication is used so that Robot 2/Pendant 2 uses a "Wait DI 40 = On" to wait for the manipulator to move and then once it has stopped a "DO 40 = On" is used on Robot 1/ Pendant 1.
    This works fine in reality and Robot 2 wont move until the manipulator has given it the signal.
    However in Roboguide The program on Pendant 2 gets to its wait for DI line and stays there whilst the program continues on Pendant 1.

I have tried using 'Logic Simulation Assistant' but the DI/DO's are just bypassed.

In the Run Configuration I have also tried it in 'Auto' using an RSR but get the following error.

"The production start UOP signal ("UI[xx]") is not defined for controller..." So i am not sure if this is the reason why?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face:

p.s. I am very new to programming and a lot of the problems I have to solve by myself so expect a few more questions over the coming weeks/months.

Thanks

• Hello!

I went into the "Cell" drop-down then "I/O Interconnections" and added all of the DI to DO Robot-To-Robot communication numbers. Not sure if this is exactly what you meannt. But it has fixed my problem.

Thanks for the help :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners