Bad Shut down Encoder Cable failure error etc

• KUKA KR210, with KRC2 KSS 5.6.10, WinXPe
    Could this happen after a bad shut down ? Probably files are badly corrupted if I did issue Shut Down Cold Boot and accidentally flipped switch off ahead.

How do I recover ?

After Shut down robot was sitting, 3 days later this message is what I get on image when I power up.

Cannot master because robot doesn't move (see image). I do not have spare hardware to test, i.e.: cables or DRW (DRC) card, etc.

This happened after everything was working fine, no issues whatsoever with hardware, no bumps or cable accidents. All major cables are in great shape, fuses all OK. DRW (DRC) card shows LED green and red correct. Cabinet is very clean inside, everything running and LED are all correct.

Run the DSE-DRW app and everything looks fine, except sometimes RDC Communication show all Axis fine, other times all show 0000, or 1 or 2 axis 0000.

I cannot recover from this... Right now my only hope is reinstalling KSS (which is faster than other options), tried restoring archive.zip but did not work. Batteries are fully charged and 3 months old or less (12V but 5 Amps instead of 5.4A).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Did reset the MFC card and DSE, nothing different. All the LED are green.

A lot of reading here and one opinion tell me that the RDC board could be the culprit.
    Upon start the lights flash red and solid green, then stops and show solid red and green. This is the correct behavior according to Manual.

Could this card still be faulty ? wish I had one to swap... but nothing near.

What has been your experiences ? Thanks a lot.

Edited once, last by Ceta11 ().

• Under the DSE Diagnostics(one of the pictures above). Open it up again then look below at the soft keys you will see
    Live display or Continuous Display, select this.

Then watch the different axis numbers in communication, you should see each one of them changing. That is only ones that have motors.
    If the RDC is functioning properly and you have a good RDC you should see the numbers changing slightly.

As you said before, if you are showing all "000"on more than axis I would start with changing the RDC and or the RDC cable.
    I would only change one at the time.

• Can somebody help, please!

I have same situation.

102 Encoder failure cable fault is for all axes, an also I have message 106 "perform mastering" for all axes.

Those errors appeared in working process without power failure. Robot just stoped.

I exchanged a cable for encoders (forgot number) from another robot. Did cold start. But faults are same.

RDC card after loading has solid green and red leds. Could it be problem in cabinet board? I have one more robot. Could I borrow those cards and try it on broken robot without harm to working?

Thank you!

• whenever messages complain about same thing for all axes, chances are that something common is not right.

both red and green LED on RDC2 should be on.

feedback chain includes RDC, RDC interface X31, data cable X31-X21, cabinet interface X21, Cable from X21 to ST4, ST4 interface, DSE and MFC.

as stated before DSE-RDW status can be checked on HMI, there is a tool for this.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Merhaba krc 2 A3 encoder cable hatası var robot hareket ettiremiyorum her yere baktım ama çözüm bulamadım yardımcı olurmusunuz

Hello, there is a krc 2 A3 encoder cable error, I can't move the robot, I looked everywhere but couldn't find a solution, can you help?

• solution is simple - replace defective part.

there are only three possibilities: motor, RDC or the cable between them.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners