Yaskawa DX200 Heartbeat

• I just did a search for setting up a heartbeat for a DX200 controller and nothing came up. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it just something that has to be enabled on the teach pendant, or does it require ladder program changes?
    (Ethernet/Allen Bradley Compact Logix) but I already have it setup on the PLC, just need the pulse (or echo) from the Motoman robot controller.
    Thanks in advance,
    :beerchug:

No signature required

• This would be done in the ladder. Depending on where you got your system from, it may already in the ladder. To check run a job in play not hooked to a plc. Runs, you don't have. Alarms you have.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Check your Universal inputs or External inputs the heartbeat should be there, it really depends on the way that the Ethernet board has been set, usually you can see the communication status in group 3 Starting at IN17- IN24. or in External inputs starting at 20060- 20067. :hi-bye:

Hero for fun, I'll help you when I'm bored.

• Hi craigTRD,

I am setting up the same type of system as we speak. Compactlogix L24er to DX200 EIP. I keep getting a module mismatch. I finally got I/O responding in rs5000 to accept my generic ethernet module, but am unable to transmit I/O back and forth yet. I will soon need the heartbeat signal as well. Do you have any pointers? My assembly instance may not be correct..

Thanks in advance.

Advertising from our partners