SafeSingleBrake release

• hi all,

i am working on a welding cell ( 2 KR16, KR C4, +3 axis positioner ). The safety of the cell was made with SafeSingleBrake option. I made a config that all three external axisis ar on a different circuit of the x13 connector.

Tha problem is, i have to disable the movement of the outer external axis of the cell ( where operators are working ), its good until now, but costumers want me to handle the user problems to. so when somebody teaches the cell and unfortunately try to rotate the outer palletizer it goes to safety stop, because of the violation of the safety area( of course cause axis must not move ), but on that point all axisis are blocked and i cant release the safety stop because the safety condition doesnt ok, while the table wont rotate and to the another "touchless" sensor to release the safety stop.

Yet i can handle in goes into StartUp mode, but they really dont want to let operators to make the same way.

Does anyone have an idea?

Does any "forced" safety reset what i can use here? ( Reset safe IO not good here )
    im thinking about disable the "E2" or "E3" button on smart hmi, depends on witch side of the rotating table ara outside the cell.

is it posibble to handle it somehow?

Thanks for your help!

• so you are using safety feature to stop axis when humans are around...
    and you want to enable axis when humans are not around?
    sounds like you need safety sensor (light curtain, laser scanner, safety mat...) to tell if humans are in there or not.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Exactly. There are light curtains, and a mechanical curtain too. To check the rotating tables position there are 2 touchless sensors.
    To disable the rotating table ( safe single break, axis group 1 ) i wired the light and the mechanical curtains in line, for the 2 palettizer axis ( safesingle break, axis group 2 and 3) i wired the two touchless sensors.

So basically, when the curtains are down, and the tables "a" side is inside, i enable the axis e1 and e2. Its ok until that point.

But when a robot technican modify points in the user program, and tries to rotate e3 (for example do dont know witch side is inside ) it causes a safety stop for e3. And cause the whole cell stop, and he would never able to enable the drives, cause to reset the safety stop for e3 he has to rotate the table 180 degrees, but its in safety stop too so...

i can only solve that situation, when i step into start up mode, it release everything. Than i cancel start up mode and all safety stops disappears. So its working, but our costumers dont want the oparators and technicans teach start uo mode, because of safety reasons, and they dont trust on them..

• Startup mode is just for troubleshooting. Don't even consider it for teaching or operation. No need to mention it here at all...

Your issue is safety circuit and it needs to be done by creating suitable safety circuit - either hardwired or programmed into some sort of safety plc.

If the area where operators may be present is clear (verified by safety light curtain), why would you not allow E3 to move?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If the area where operators may be present is clear (verified by safety light curtain), why would you not allow E3 to move?

that was the costumers wish. if the technicans are teaching a user program, they cant see the outer part of the rotating table, and if somebody in the external axis can hit them.

I cheat a bit, and make a few lines in a submit file. I rewrite the axis limits of the actual outer axis ( just a bit less than what is enabled in the safety ), so if they tries to move it it drops a software limit error, but if something fell on the pallette it moves out from the limit switch area and drops a safety error.

thanks for your help!

Advertising from our partners