Kawasaki E-Controller - initialization incomplete - Hardware reset

• I have four identical RS03N arms in a teaching environment, and luckily I get most of my minor technical service requests at no cost. I had this problem once. The Tech Support Guy came in, "copied the setup" (whatever that means) from one of the other arms, transferred it to the trouble arm, re-boot/startup, calibrate, and went home. Don't know the cause, except that these arms are powered off and remain idle for long periods of time.

• 1. Turn off Power
    2. Open E_Controller Upper Cover Plate
    3. Find Dip_Switch (Blue square and white color). this switch near RS-232C port.
    4. You can find all dip_switch set "Off" status.
    5. Only No.8 Dip_Switch set to "ON"
    6. Turn on Power

and T/P will be display wait user command for Initialize.

Initialize ?
    0 : No
    1 : System Initialize
    2 : Factory Setting

Dip_Switch No.8 must be set "Off" before Next cold or warm reboot.

ah... still your T/P freeze status....

1. Turn off Power, Remove CF Memory card and Re-Install, Turn On
    2. Replace another T/P unit.
    3... Call Kawasaki A/S Team :frowning_face: ...

• If you carry out a hardware reset - ALL data is lost including robot model, zeroing, user data which results in empty controller and cannot be moved until data is reloaded.
    I have seen this occur when users power cycle controller too quickly and corrupts data on CF Card so when powering off, wait min of 5s before powering back on.
    Below is procedure I have used to restore controller when data corruption has occurred and I have full file save available.

• Hi Robtics,

Thanks for your notes. I did that procedure Calling Up the Initialization Screen. After this procedure before Initialize of the system option 1 in the following step I was able to make a backup program. So I could have all robot data backed up. After initialization complete I download the full backup program and yesterday the robot started run again without any additional modifications required.

• If you carry out a hardware reset - ALL data is lost including robot model, zeroing, user data which results in empty controller and cannot be moved until data is reloaded.
    I have seen this occur when users power cycle controller too quickly and corrupts data on CF Card so when powering off, wait min of 5s before powering back on.
    Below is procedure I have used to restore controller when data corruption has occurred and I have full file save available.

Hi kwakisaki,

Thanks for your comments. Before get it back running again I got only one error with the Check sum which could the reset in the settings.

• Thanks for feeding back your results.
    - Looks like you were lucky, if reading your post is correct regarding obtaining a backup prior to initializing......I shall have to try that method, could save a lot of downtime.....

Welcome to the Forum....... :beerchug:

• Hi kwakisaki,

Thanks for your comments. Before get it back running again I got only one error with the Check sum which could the reset in the settings.

You can solve "Check sum error" follow next steps.

AUX 0803 (Menu -> System -> Sum Check Error Reset)

Check box move to Off.

and Press "ESC" button twice on T/P.

your E0903 error message will be clear.

but, When a Cold start (Turn off -> Turn On) system, that parameter will be automatically returning to On.

ABB, FANUC, Hyundai, Kawasaki

Advertising from our partners