KRC4 remote control via PLC. Step-by-step.

• Hi guys. I'm newbie in robotic area.

I need to collect step-by-step instructions about launching of the remote control for KRC4 robot controller via PLC. I use B&R X20CP1382 one for this task. At the moment I know that suitable mode for remote control is AUT_EXT. According to the "KSS Operating and Programming instructions for SE", in this mode special Automatic External Interface is used to transfer control signals b/w PLC and the controller. Also I have X12 and X55 connectors on the controller. As I know X12 has digital outputs and inputs I could use to communicate with the PLC.

Right now I don't understand how to map interface signals to X12 pins. Can you help me? Any information is valuable.

• Get WorkVisual onto your laptop, integrate any device description files and KOPs. Establish connection with controller and collect current working project.
    Check help file about field business setup and Io mapping. Make changes and save project. Deploy and activate...

Now you should have working IO on your X12.

Next part is to configure auto external IO which is easiest done on teach pendant.

Create few programs and make sure that they are linked to CELL.SRC

Now do the counterpart on your PLC

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for quick reply. Let me ask more questions.

How can I understand which device description files and KOPs I need? As I understood I have to request these stuff from robot vendor.

• KOP files are on your robot in D:\kuka_opt
    Device description files are to be found on website of manufacturer of that I/O module. In other words you need to see what products are in your cabinet (either physical check or read BOM). WorkVisual will have all kuka products already in the appropriate catalogue...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Controller manuals, KRC4 compact optional interfaces

X12 is not standard feature on every controller and like all optional interfaces will be in mentioned manual.

Things that are standard on every controller will be in main controller manual.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners