KCP Not displaying but VGA works

• Hi All,

I am running a KRC2 controller V5.6.8 and have a VGA monitor connected to it. The monitor works fine but my KCP does not display anything. I checked the forum and tried the dual display method by going into windows/settings/control panel/display......etc to have dual display. I only get the VGA displaying. Then I tried to remove the VGA cable to see if the KCP comes back on. Nothing. Did a cold boot with VGA disconnected and still blank display on the KCP. Connected the VGA cable an it displays. The KCP seems to work and I can move the robot but only using the VGA monitor. It's a bit hard to teach points if I can't get close to the work piece while the monitor is far away...and I'd be driving blind when I'm at the work area. Any suggestions? Perhaps this was posted before but I couldn't find any solutions. Thank you..

G.

• Does the screen light up, or is it dark?

The most common "black screen" failure mode for KCPs is a failure of the backlight. There is a light source behind the LCD screen that provides the illumination. If this light fails, the screen still works, technically, but the display is almost impossible to see. If you shine a bright flashlight directly into the screen from close range, you may be able to see the LCD still working.

If the screen lights up, but shows nothing, that implies a failure in the LCD itself, or possibly in the VGA wiring of the KCP cable.

• I had a spare KCP which I plugged in to try. The screen flickers a little but dark. Then I played with the wiring of the KCP cable. and screen came on. Seems the connector next to the VGA plug in got disturbed. Now I get dual screens. :icon_smile: All good. I will try the original KCP and see if that was the case. Thank you for the reply.

Advertising from our partners