R-J3 MC card not detected

• Hi,
    I have a LR Mate 200i R-J3 and I tried to load program from a CF to PCMCIA adapter but failed.
    To set device I press "Menu"--->"File"---> Util (F5)----> MC---> enter, a message appeared saying MC not detected.
    I even tried loading program from the original Fanuc PCMCIA card and also failed, so how do I load program to R-J3 via PCMCIA?

thx,

• Can you read the card on your computer?

If so, the card reader may be shot.

If it's a stand alone reader in a remote operator box, you can try to re-seat the connector.

When working properly, you'll see a note in the alarm bar: "MC Inserted".

Edited once, last by pdl ().

• I don´t remember if RJ3 displays a message like "card inserted" as the new controllers do.
    In old controllers I´ve face many times damaged connectors, pins bended, loose connectors, etc.
    Are you inserting on the main board or at the door port?

• Hi guys,
    This is what I'm going to do:
    1-I have ordered a PCMCIA to USB reader, will plug the Fanuc PCMCIA card to the reader and see if I can read the contents, this is to make sure if the Card is faulty or not.
    2- If I use a PCMCIA to CF card adapter what is the max. capacity of CF can I use? 8MB, 16MB, 32MB, 64MB,128MB?

Here is a photo of the controller:
    open attachment.

• Be sure the card is formatted in FAT-16, and NOT in FAT-32

Best to use a card that is 64 MB or less (MB ! not GB)
    When you don't have such a card, then erase al the partitions on the card, and then make a new (primary) partition of 32 or 64 MB, and format it in Fat16.
    Leave the rest of the card empty.

I don't know if a bigger card or a bigger FAT-16 partition will work, but I have one 2 GB card working with a 32 MB partition on it.

• Have you tried the card slot on the cpu?

That looks like a m410, if so, the controller is under the mechanical unit.

Hi kluk- kluk,
    "When you don't have such a card, then erase al the partitions on the card, and then make a new (primary) partition of 32 or 64 MB, and format it in Fat16."

The CF card is a 2G size, I will shrink it to 64MB, here is a tutorial on how to shrink a Cf volume to smaller size:

https://timescience.wordpress.…ompact-flash-card-to-2gb/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When shrink to size 64MB I then type this : format fs=fat label=”volumelabel”, is this FAT16?

Load it to R-J3:

see IMG_9668.jpg

• When shrink to size 64MB I then type this : format fs=fat label=”volumelabel”, is this FAT16?

I don't often work with windows, so I don't know the program, but I guess it is visible in properties.
    And when it is the wrong FAT, reformat it in FAT-16. (but I don't know if windows is still able to do that...)

• I have received the PCMCIA to USB card reader, slot the Fanuc card to the reader and I was able to see the contets @ drive E, so the Fanuc Card is ok.
    Does that means something is wrong with the Panel board?

• The solution for me was to format my CF card using an old system like WindowsXP or older in FAT or FAT32 and downgrade the size to 1GB. You could also use some kind of a program if it is able to do the same. Seems like anything over 2GB may cause you troubles. So far no problems have been encountered.

Advertising from our partners