Kuka KRC4 error message #68 help

• Cant seem to find information on error #68. This may not by the error causing the fault but it is the first warning on the log. See the fault sting I've listed below that occurs when my system goes down.

Having interment faults on one robot of a two robot palletizer system.
    Code #'s are not in the manual? Anyone know what the error is? The manual seems to skip #'s..... Why is that?

Short Circuit Barking Active - #73 is the initial error followed by several other errors
    EtherCat bus error <ECAT-CTRLBUS> - #13008
    Safe Device Communication Error - #15002
    Safety Stop
    Drives Disabled by Safety
    <ECAT-CTRLBUS> missing reception of network frames [Fame Response Error [Limit=5]] - #13016
    DCM Controller Not Synchronized (max value=5[ns], actual value =4294967 [ns]) - #13027
    <ECAT-CTRLBUS> Ethercat Bus Error. Device KUKA Power Pack 2 Achsen (KPP2)(G1) [AL-Err: SYNC Manager Watchdog] - #13020
    General Power Supply Error (1) - #26015
    CF: Ackn EtherCAT connection lost (0) - #26063
    CF: Ackn Connection to motor driver lost (0) - #26065
    General servo error (1) - #26013
    '' '' (2) - #26013
    '' '' (3) - #26013
    '' '' (4) - #26013
    '' '' (5) - #26013
    '' '' (6) - #26013
    CF Connection to driver reestablished - #26066
    Akcn. General Power Supply Error (1) - #26014
    Akcn. General servo error (1) - #26012
    '' '' (2) - #26012
    '' '' (3) - #26012
    '' '' (4) - #26012
    '' '' (5) - #26012
    '' '' (6) - #26012
    Drives not ready - #200
    Akcn. Safe Device communication error - #15003
    <ECAT-CTRLBUS> missing reception of network frames [Fame Response Error [Limit=5]] - #13016
    External Emergency Stop
    No motion enable present
    Drives Disabled by safety
    Dynamic braking active
    This continues with a series of other errors before I ultimately powered down the controller cabinet (480V)
    System reset, cleared errors, and enabled drives.

Please Help!!!!!

• I do apologize, it was a long week.............Somehow I put the 68 on my subject instead of #73. We are starting up this morning, I'll check connections and test the main copper running back to the PLC panel.
    Yes its a KRC4, next time I'll add in more details besides what I had in the subject tittle.
    System is a dual pick and place palletizer, integrated with an AB L73/73S PLC.

Thanks!!

• There is no Error #73 in the standard system error table. It's possible that this message is being generated from your specific application. That's why we would need to see the full message text, as well as the reporting module name.

Still, ECAT errors strongly suggest a hardware issue inside the controller. All the various sub-systems inside the cabinet communicate with each other over EtherCat. The "General Power Supply error" suggests to me that the power supply module might be the culprit -- swapping it out would be a reasonable first thing to try.

Taking a KRCDiag immediately following one of these incidents and filing a Hotline ticket with KUKA Service wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

• sounds like either faulty component or connection. I would check all cables on KCB - they all should be snug and have no obvious issue (damaged contacts etc.).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• there can be many suspects such as KSS, KPP, KSP, smartPad cable etc. i would suggest collecting KRCDiag and sending it to KUKA.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• That's kind of what I figured regarding the response to the #73. I have snap shots of the each error via the log. I have attached a few pictures, please let me if this is what you need to see.

I think that is a good plan and have already pulled what we would call an Archive..... (THROUGH THE TEACH PENDANT, file, archive, all) Is that the same thing as KRCDiag?? I puled it just after one of the last incidents and am sending it to Kuka today.

Thanks!!

An Archive is a good place to start, but a KRCDiag is a different beast. It produces a MUCH larger file (one so large that you usually can't email it, but KUKA service will provide an FTP upload link you can send it to) with much more detailed logs. It is generated by going to the Diagnostic menu. The file is placed in C:\KUKA\KRCDIAG\ -- you'll need to navigate there and copy the file to a USB stick to get it off the controller.

Advertising from our partners