Robot duty cycle derating and ambient temperature

• Hello everyone!

How do you evaluate the ammissible duty cycle of a robot in function of external ambient temperature?
    The robot duty cycle sould be 100% if the robot is not dynamically and statically overloaded?
    Do you derate the duty cycle (i.e. from 100% to 30%) when the ambient temperature is too high?

I didn't find anything in my manuals...

(attached a load comparison between 2 robots)

diglo

• It is simple really, robot arm has motors. Motors have temperature sensors. if robot reaches some temperature limits it will stop. When it cools down it will be able to operate again. That will be your duty cycle that depends on ambient temperature.
    [size=2]To get more info I would say:[/size]

Read the specs and there will be listed any constraints for storage and operation.

If not, simply contact kuka... (there is a free hotline service, 1 800 xxx xxxx).

And if/when you do ask anyone anything - please try to be specific. It is much easier to provide an answer to question like:
    "I may need to run robot A at temperature of B degrees, speed C, load D... Is this ok? Does this require any derating or constraints?"

[size=1em]Than something broad like:[/size]

"I have robot X and want to do wild things with it. Give me all your guidelines...I may read some of them."

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• That's ok... but it's strange I cant't find anything about that in the documentation! Am i missing something?

Obviously it's desiderable to avoid having the robot stopped in the middle of the cycle because the motors are overheating...

diglo

• it is also not exactly norm to run robot at 30% duty cycle.

i have seen Kuka robot in extreme temperatures. both cold and hot. that is why one is supposed to contact KUKA and explain details.
    [size=2]btw. you still don't specify what is the ambient temperature for your robot...[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

Advertising from our partners