"Acknowledge" button on the FlexPendant

• I need to use a remote push button to mimic pressing the Acknowledge button on the FlexPendant after an error has occurred. I thought I could accomplish this by defining a system input but I do not see an "Acknowledge" action.

Building robotic welding systems.

• What I have learned so far is that a checkbox labeled "Auto Acknowledge Input" needs to be checked when the system is built. (This checkbox is found under "Installation Manager", "Options", "system options" then "engineering tools" in RobotStudio.)

If this is done, a new action appears when defining system inputs called "ACKAUTOMODE". Using this action, a remote push button switch is supposed to mimic pressing the "Acknowledge" button on the pendant.

We are using an IRB800, an unusual combination of an IRB660 and an IRB140. An ABB tech is coming to update our software so we will have him activate this checkbox during his visit.

Building robotic welding systems.

• Hi

I tested this on our robot today and I did find the check box in the Installation manager. However, the ACKAUTOMODE didn’t appear in the system inputs list??? Also, I couldn't find anything in the IO parameters that could be used as you told. Soo what does the check box exactly do?

It would be very useful because a lot of our customers is constantly asking if the auto stop screen could be disabled in someway. Or auto acknowledged ass you told.

-Rickard

• Here's an example that would achieve this. You would of course need to appropriately map the RemoteButton signal.

EIO.cfg:
    #
    SYSSIG_IN:
    -Signal "sdoAckAutoMode" -Action "AckAutoMode"
    #
    EIO_SIGNAL:
    -Name "sdoAckAutoMode" -SignalType "DO"
    -Name "diRemoteButton" -SignalType "DI"
    #
    EIO_CROSS:
    -Name "CrossRemoteButtonWithAckAuto" -Res "sdoAckAutoMode" -Act1 "diRemoteButton"

Advertising from our partners