My own setup

• Hello everyone,
    I'm working with KRC 4, KSS 8.3.4

I have an idea to create my own software package, like Kuka's. It's so annoying to copy all programs and make all improvements into interface every time, so I want to solve by installing my own software. I tried to analize Kuka setup files and here what I found: Setup.exe consist of several sorts of binary files that (probably) impossible to decode to understand what they consist of.

Yes, I know that I can create typical setup using python,for example, and then just launch it with "Minimize HMI' option enabled, in Windows of robot, but I want to make the package as Kuka did. Does anyone have experience in this? (Please, don't advice Usertech, it's not about that)

• yes, of course!

you could refer kuka's official classic setup structure.

KUKA Conntroller : _________<br />KSS Software : ____________ <br />Robot Model: _____________

• basically , you need collect several option package , then check them , your smart will find out the secrets. Good luck!

KUKA Conntroller : _________<br />KSS Software : ____________ <br />Robot Model: _____________

• It is not so easy as you think.

Basically check the folder structure.

Each and Every folder structure contains folder with Name "KRCUPD" which contains information about the variables, programs and subroutine which is used by the technology package and syntax to add variables in config.dat.

Folder Name "KRCSTEUP" contains files which is used to install the .dll, .kxr, Smarthmi.config file on particular folder in c: Drive.

The only thing which i don't understand is how KUKA generate the .appcert file.

if you had a luck to understand .appcert file than let me know...

• .appcert is not necessary for mostly controller, it's a white list by installing the CPC firstly.

Advertising from our partners