RoboSIM 2.40.012 - A connection with the server cannot be established

• Hi, all.

Few months ago I've downloaded and installed COMAU RoboSIM.

I've installed it according with the manual that came with it. Put the credentials, the registering code and so on.

I can start the virtual controller, but when I try to connect WinC5G to the virtual controller, I get this error.

"A connection with the server cannot be established" (screenshot is in Brazilian Portuguese)

The computer where I'm trying RoboSIM is a Windows 10 Home Single Language, and has only Windows Defender enabled, so I'm not sure if this could be related with some antivirus software.

Any ideas about this problem?

• Hello
    Have you reported this problem to Comau ?
    If you know the name, you should request support from Lekbir BATALI.
    Wilfrid Baroche - ac&e

• Yes. We have Arc 4 for welding.

in order to connect with a vC5G (virtual C5G controller) you usually dont need to setup your lan connection. actually this setup is for you physical ethernet card, which you dont use with virtual controller
    I have no problems with the connection with the virtual controller

• could you start the TP? start the teachpendant and check the network settings in you virtual robot

• Wish I had seen this before...

A few things:
    - Don't upgrade Java or VirtualBox as provided by RoboSim.
    - Java 7 will work, Java 8 and above will not. Downgrade if necessary.
    - VirtualBox is guaranteed to work up to v5.1.30. Anything above not recommended and v5.2.x would not work at all.
    - Windows 10 sometime keeps the VirtualBox virtual Ethernet card disabled. Re-enable it.
    - Windows 10 C/C++ redistributables are sometime amiss, they need to be manually installed.
    - Don't launch the C5G virtual machine directly from VirtualBox, it will not work in that way.
    - Some people have routing issues. We've seen the 192.168.56.2 packets go straight to the Internet service provider instead of going to the virtual machine.

• Hello, sandrot.

Thanks for the tips, again.

After quite a time, I've finally managed to put my hands on a spare computer running Windows 7, and following Your instructions, WinC5G is now connecting to the virtual robot, but...

Every time I try to start virtual Teach Pendant (vTP5), both windows (screen window and keyboard window) appear, but after few seconds they dissapear, and I noticed two messages on terminal.

The first one is

14:24:25.882 64673/02 Cavo Ethernet del TP non collegato

The second one, that apper every time that I try to run vTP5, is

14:26:11.733 13367/02 KVC connection time expired

Reading the error list, both are related to a physical connection between the controller and the TP. Is there anything that I can do here?

Please see the attached image.

Advertising from our partners