ATI Tool Changer won't unlatch

• I accidentally turned on my latch output when the tool changer was not fully connected to the EOAT, now I can not get the tool changer to unlatch itself so I can connect it to the EOAT. I've tried running through the program and also manually turning the Digital Output for the unlatch feature on and off but to no avail. Anybody on here have any experience with these tool changers and know why this is happening?

• The latch and unlatch is controlled by a pneumatic valve. If it is stuck, why don't you manually shift the valve to release it. Make sure you have pressure on the Unlock port, and no pressure on the lock port. Make sure it is supported so it does not drop on the floor.

Sometimes there is logic safeguarding the unlatch of the tool when it is not in a safe position, which could be your problem, or it could be a mechanical problem.

• I've worked with an ATI tool changer that needed an additional sensor / limit switch to confirm that unlatching is taking place in the tool stand. The latch/unlatch operation is controlled by an internal logic. If that sensor is required and you don't have it, the only way to release the tool is the manual override, whose switches should be available under 2 screws on the opposite sides of the changer.

Advertising from our partners