re-imaging LBR robot

• Hi,
    I have recently encountered a problem after re-installing an old sunrise project.

It seems that the Sunrise application on the robot - or the environment the application resides in is now corrupt.

I always had some problems when installing projects - it would often take two or three attempts with varying errors (even if the project and the applications where error free)
    - It would be nice to know if anyone else has had this issue.

I've been informed I need to re-image the robot (it now doesn't communicate with my sunrise application on my PC)

Does anyone have the re-image instructions?

Thanks

• Hi,

I am not sure what exectly your problem is.
    Do you have problems while:

• installing the project on your controller?

• synchronizing your project?

I had problems with synchronizing because of an installed VPN-client. After deinstalling this client it worked fine.
    Are there any restrictions in the network? Did you try a direct wire connection (from your notebook directly into the controller, without any other devices[e.g. switch])?

If you say an old sunrise project? What do you mean by that? Written with another version of sunrise? If you meanwhile install a new version there could be a problem when try to install an old version. But if you import the old project into the new workbench it should work.

If you mean by re-image to reinstall windows and all of that stuff to get a controller like a new one, there is a solution provided by KUKA. KUKA provides a kill and image stick to do that, but I have never used it and I do not know the prizing.

I am not sure if I could help you so far.

• I am encountering a similar problem where I must re-image the system after losing the ability to synchronize with Sunrise Workbench (I get a time out error on the computer with Sunrise Workbench, which my controller says that I am not longer receiving safety packets).
    As mentioned earlier, the KUKA Recovery Stick is the only way of re-imaging your system. I know that it doesn't come with the IIWA unless you get it quoted with your purchase, so you may not have one unless you bought it up front. If not, you'll need to get a quote from KUKA directly. Additionally, I do not believe that the stick comes with a recovery image on it, so you may have to also contact support and see if you can get one from them.

I will be re-imaging my own cabinet tomorrow, so if you get a hold of the stick and you can't figure out how to re-image the system from the documentation, just let me know and I can try to help you out. If you have the stick and just need the documentation, it's actually located on your Recovery Stick. If you for some reason don't have that as well, I can probably get that to you as well.

• Thanks All,
    I have had my LBR for almost 2 years now and as such I am well past any warranty for it I think.

However I think the purchase of a recovery stick will probably get me back in favor with Kuka UK.

Thanks for the information I will endeavor to get a recovery stick asap.
    All the best.

• Can you post screenshots of the errors, and where do they occur? on the level the controller or Sunrise Workbench?
    Are you sure you have the right type of robot/Flange and the right IP addresses (and be sure there's no IP conflict on the network)? Are all the packages/libraries/options, you did use in the programs, installed?

Advertising from our partners