What is the purpose of this KSI connector?

• Ciao ragazzi!
    Today a new robot has arrived in our workshop. There's a new ethernet port marked "KSI" on the KRC4 door near the USB connectors.

What's the purpose of that?
    Manual says it's "Kuka Service Interface", so it means I can't do anything fancy with that?

diglo

• Hi there,

of course you can. You can connect your Laptop there to program/configure the Robot/Profinet over Workvisual and connect to Network drives on the Robot.

just because there is KUKA in the name means not that you cant use it.

Greeting

Loipe

• As the name suggests this is service port. It is meant as quick way for kuka service team to connect to controller. Special thing about it is that it serves as DHCP server so laptops can be configured to get IP address automatically. This is convenient so techs do not need to bother with details of clients network setup.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok, but i can do the same things over the KLI, which is connected directly to the KPC. The only difference seems to be the DHCP service...
    (I never had the necessity to connect to the drives though)

• Ok, but i can do the same things over the KLI, which is connected directly to the KPC. The only difference seems to be the DHCP service...
    (I never had the necessity to connect to the drives though)

Depending of the cpntroller bus (like ProfiNet, for example), your KLI port will be used, and you need to use a switch to configure the controller, or disconnect/connect ProfiNet cable.

KSI is better [emoji1]

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk

Advertising from our partners