Modifying the Handguiding Resting Position

• Hello all,

I've been working on a handguiding program for the last month, and I think I've correctly identified the problem I've been having after a long period of troubleshooting.
    In the first picture attached below, I have the orientation I'd like my arm to translate across in the X and Y world coordinate system. However, I have to actively fight with the arm to keep it parallel by pushing down on the flange of the robot. I have found that if I simply allow the arm to rotate to a resting position, the arm rotates so the the flange end is always parallel with the world's Z axis (see second photo attached). I took the time to calibrate the origin of the tool coordinate system, the orientation of the tool coordinate system, and the load data of the attached tool, but the arm still wants to return to this position. Am I not setting up the tool orientation correctly, or is there no way to set up handguiding so that is respects the tool's orientation? If that's the case, should I explore the setAxisLimitsMin/Max methods? I would like to note that I am also attaching the tool to the flange in Sunrise before I call the handguiding movement.
    Also, I'm currently using Sunrise Version 1.7, but will be upgrading to 1.13 very soon. I do not know if this is still an issue in newer versions of the software.

Thanks for reading.

Note:
    I know someone else on this forum asked about locking movement only to the X and Y coordinates, but I thought I would make another thread as my goal isn't to explicitly lock movements to these coordinates, but instead just allow me to safely control a 7kg object without having to fight against the handguiding program.

Advertising from our partners