Collision detection in VKRC4

• Hello, I have to make collision detection on KUKA VKRC4 in VW standard. I know that i have to use TECH_2 Koll_Ueb function start lernen for few cycles of existing program ,but how works offset in that function and how many Bereich(zones) i have to use in that function?

Thanks for your advice

• Yes, you need to use this function first to teach collision, after robot will run few cycles with teach function ON (actually more you run with teach on is better, try around 50 cycles) you need to change from teach to activate and than it will start working. In VW standard this function is quite good explained.

You need to enable this function before you will enter the "collision zone" and turn it of after you will leave "collision zone". I don't know what application you are using this function for ? Is it picking from racks ? or just from the table ?

About Bereich it is used eg. when you have few racks that you are picking from for each rack you need to use different Beraich.

• I have a very long scanning program ,i thinked that this function can be used as additional protection ,but i want to use it all along the robot path .
    I tried to do some test program and after 10 cycles i insert some 50-60kg boxes in to the robot path ,but he doesnt stop. So think i right that this function is dedicated only for picking up parts with manipulators from pallets ?

• This function works. Are you sure that you've change it form teach to active ? (I don't have a backup right now with me, so I don't remember the names)

I've never used it for whole robot program (only pick/place), you can always increase "standard" collision sensitivity for that.

Advertising from our partners