KRC4 -Movement Malfunction KRC4, KR10 1100 sixx

• Hello dear Forum friends,

i am new to the KuKa world and just started doing my Masters with a Kuka KR10 1100 sixx, with a KRC4 compact controller.

The problem that i encountered is that the roboter arm, no matter what movement direction I give, always will go straight to a point under its base (See Pictures).
    Is there some way i could check what's wrong with the controller or the roboter, since i have no error messages popping up on the pendant. ( Except the Softwarestop for Axis A2 and the Safety stop messages since i still havent got the X11). Is there some way i could "restart"? (Maybe some motion got stuck and he wants to reach it but cant).

I am driving it in Administrators rights with the Service Mode.

Greetings,
    Gero

• Well first off is there a program selected that you are trying to run? if so does that program start with PTP home? because in that case you have to check home position.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• The thing is that I cannot run neither a program nor do jogging because its somehow stuck in that position and wont come out.
    Whenever i try to run to a PTP Point, which i know that is accessible, the roboter motors seem to work by making some weird noises but the roboter is not moving.
    Even when i try to jog him out of this position its either Softwareendstop or it starts to make some weird noises but its not moving out of it.

The storys begining was actually that i wanted to start my usual programm and the roboter just keept moving in this direction until it almost hit the foundament. Can it be that some motors/electronics are broken?
    I find it weird because i dont get any error messages on the pendant at all.

Greetings,
    Gero

• 1. Have you tried jogging the robot to a better position?
    2. Can you use the Position Monitor and jog the robot to the position in space you are trying to program?
    3. When you try to run your program position, what $TOOL and $BASE do you have active?
    4. Can you jog the robot to various points, record them using the menu, then play back the resulting program?
    5. Under Monitor>Variable>Single, type $SOFTP_END[] into the box and record the displayed array. Do the same for $SOFTN_END[], and report back.
    6. Using the position monitor, in axis angle mode, manually jog the robot to 0,90,-90,0,0,0. At this point, the robot should make an inverted "L" shape -- upper arm straight up, forearm horizontal, wrist straight. If you do not have this result, the robot may have to be re-mastered.

• Select T1 mode

Set axis specific jogging for jog KEYS.

Login as expert and activate StartUp mode.

Move A2 in the Negative direction until you clear the foundation and get robot into so called cannon position.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 1. I tried but it keeps going to this specific point no matter what axis i am trying to move.
    2. Didnt also work
    4. $Nullframe for both, i even tried my own programmed tools and bases but it didnt show any difference
    5. SOFTN_END[] shows: -170 -190 -120 -185 -90 -350 0 0 0 0 0 0
    SOFTP_END[] shows: 179 45 156 185 90 350 0 0 0 0 0 0
    6. Didnt help either :thinking_face:

Again i find it intresting that it doesnt show any errors at all... the current position of the arm is :
    A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6 : 4.98 46 59.83 -2.97 27.47 -92.71 [deg,mm] or the Motor [deg] are -597.85 -7360 -9573 -280 3175 -6743

• Thanks for the reply. I already tryed it. Even with A3 in Negative direction but it didnt help at all. I was hearing that the motor is moving, but it was not moving at all :icon_frown:

• 1. Wait... are you saying you cannot jog the robot? "It keeps going to this point" -- does that mean the robot simply doesn't move when you try to jog it, or something else?

When you put the robot in T1 and squeeze the deadman, do the motors even come on?

• 1. Wait... are you saying you cannot jog the robot? "It keeps going to this point" -- does that mean the robot simply doesn't move when you try to jog it, or something else?

When you put the robot in T1 and squeeze the deadman, do the motors even come on?

Yes, i cannot jog the robot in any direction whatsover.

By "it keeps going to this point" - i mean that when this errorous movement occured in the first place, the TCP was targeting a a specific point under the base even though i had PTP movement selected to another location. If there would be some Motor failure, or something similar, shouldn't there be some error messages? The only message i get whenever i try to move A2 in negative direction is KSS26024 Max. Lagless movement exceeded (A2).

The deadman is the switch at the back of the pendant in order to start a movement right? If so, yes. I hear the sound that the Compact controller make when i press it.

• A2 is not between SOFTN_END[] and SOFTP_END[] so may be the robot will not move to anywhere.
    I would try to set SOFTP_END[] to 46.1 and then jogg A2 into negative direction.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that now it doesnt seem to help. The Axis is still standing at 46 whenever i want to jogg it.

• Is it possible to preform a cold boot? not sure if it is called this on the krc4, but on a krc2 this would basically reset everything and the controller boots without a program loaded.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Solution to the problem:
    Put the cables fully in. The big X20 Cable was only with one side inside thus the motors would turn, but on wrong directions.

Thanks to everyone who tryed to help me. :bravo: :bravo:

Advertising from our partners