REAL tag weird problem

• Hi All,

KRC2
    KSS v5.5

I have been using REAL variables defined as an array of 2 in $config.dat.

DECL REAL A_ANG_OFST_A[2]
    A_ANG_OFST_A[1]=-44.4099998
    A_ANG_OFST_A[2]=0.0

DECL REAL A_ANG_OFST_B[2]
    A_ANG_OFST_B[1]=44.4099998
    A_ANG_OFST_B[2]=0.0

I am using these variables as an offset to manually input some values to offset the angle of the robot during a calculated motion. These variables are not set anywhere in the program. In order to value them, either I have to use teach pendant variable screen or to change it manually in config and copy the file in the robot. Initially the values set were 0 in these variables.

Yesterday, the customer had reported that there was a collision on the robot because of the value as can be seen in the above parameters. I triple checked robot code and found that whatever I stated is true and there is no way the values can be changed in the robot program. I asked customer if anybody changed these parameters and got reply that they do not know about these parameters and never altered them.

I also asked the customer to check these parameters on the robot this morning and the value got changed to 0.15 and -0.15 automatically (Please see attached screenshots).

I am failed to understand how come these values are getting changed by themselves without any intervention (human or program).

I request you all experts to throw some light on this issue.

Thanks

• i see that variables are global so any program can see them and - modify them.
    if there was unusual value, it must have gotten there somehow (something or somebody made the change... restore?).

this is where archive and logviewer come in... you can see all use actions, programs, use full text search to see where it is used and how etc

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Checking the logs is definitely something you should do.

One option you could consider is declaring these values as CONST. That would block any changes from the program level. However, it would also block the Variable Monitor from changing their values -- the only way to make changes would be to log in as Expert or higher, open the DAT file, and directly edit the values.

• Sirs,

I checked the logs and couldn't find anything getting written on these variables. I am more than 100% sure of this that the values are not getting changed at program level. However, I cannot say the same for human intervention as I am not on site and the issue is reported by the customer who already denied of any claim of changing these values.

I like the idea of changing these tags to constants but I am unable to understand why these tags have values other than zero if they were defined in $config with value 0 and not being changed anywhere.

Can KSS behave in a weird way with REAL variables? :wallbash:

Thanks

• You are the programmer..
    You chose to declare them as - variables.
    By definition variable is something that can change value...
    Variables declared I $Config.dat are global and can be accessed and changed by anything and anyone.

Someone denies involvement in something that went wrong... What a shocker.... :angel:

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You are the programmer..
    You chose to declare them as - variables.
    By definition variable is something that can change value...
    Variables declared I $Config.dat are global and can be accessed and changed by anything and anyone.

I understand this. I consider to change these variables to constants at next available opportunity.

Someone denies involvement in something that went wrong... What a shocker.... :angel:

What can we do....Customers are like this many a times... :icon_smile:

Advertising from our partners