Fanuc writing to UOP

• Hi,

I'm working on creating a virtual communication connecting a simulated PLC (PLCSim advanced) to a Fanuc robot simulation (Roboguide).
    The PLC must also control the operator panel (DI[1-18] linked to UI[1-18], UO[1-20] linked to DO[1-20]).
    I tried to test controlling the UI by setting them to a range of unused flags. I could see the flag values change but when I tried to set certain values like: UI[9] RSR1/PNS1/STYLE by setting the corresponding flag, I noticed that the value is almost immediately turned off. (as far as I know, there are no background programs running).

Since this didn't work, I tried to use an external connection connecting DO to the UI as shown in the attached image. I also had to set RMT master to 0 and remote/local setup to remote.
    This did work but I'm looking for a solution that is easy to implement and the 100ms monitor interval is not ideal.
    Therefore I'm wondering if anyone knows how to set the UI (including the UI that should always be high) without using the external IO.

Thank You,

Bastiaan

• ah, I haven't seen the pic on my phone. The problem is actually the signal assignment that you've made. You cannot set the DI, only simulate it. It would make more sense to make the assignments like this: DO->UI and UO->DI. In that case, you can control the UIs via DOs and get UO values via DIs.

The Flag-UI assignment should also work. Can you give more details on how you've attempted to configure it?

• As for the flag-UI assignment: I configured UI[1-18] to Rack 34, Slot 1, start 3000 (unused flags). The values of flag[3000-3017] changed according to the values of the UI. This was what I hoped for however, since I wanted the flags to write to the UI (so when the flags are off by default, the UI should be off as well). Whenever I tried to set the value of a flag, the corresponding UI changed but almost immediately changed back to its default value (like another background program writing to the UI). I then configured the UI to rack 35, slot 1 (always on) but the UI did not change.

Advertising from our partners