KSS00070 no more user memory available

• Hello,

i encountered a problem with my KRC4 extended controller, it shows the message "no more user memory available".

The controller is coupled with KR360 robot with 7 external axes.
    We wanted to test if KUKA.cnc would work if we added up to 7 external motors, making total of 5 exes, such that two axes have 2 motors in master-slave mode.

After successfully activating about 10 configurations made in WoV, the controller stopped recognizing its files. It started to see all files as .txt files.
    After seeing this, i restored files from my external HDD. Now KRC4 shows "no more user memory available" message.
    I have to mention that during the process i installed and erased the screenshot app from orange apps: http://www.orangeapps.de/?page=apps/screenshot.

I ran a memory check on the PC of KRC4 and blue screen showed an error, attached.
    Also i have attached images of the KRC4 showing the "no more user memory available" error.

thank you

• [size=2]
    KRC: drive is RAM drive with limited space...
    get rid of [/size]KRC:\R1\TRACE folder... and any files you may have introduced... traces can take a lot of space.
    red exclamation points tell that those files did not get compiled (run out of resources before getting to compile them).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Check the size of the /R1 directory on the hard drive. According to my last discussion with KUKA about this, that directory can only be about 8-9MB max, and I know that CNC programs tend to bloat badly.

As Panic says, the /R1 directory visible in the KUKA Navigator is in fact a RAMdrive that is "cloned" from the /R1 directory on the hard drive at boot. And the 8-9MB memory limit is the capacity of the RAMdrive, even if the hard drive has plenty of space left. This memory limitation is what drives users with very large programs (or lots of them) to use the DirLoader option package, or use some sort of "streaming" feed of positional data.

• 5MB should be fine, based on previous experience. What KSS version?

I would suggest deleting something hefty from the /R1 tree (get the total size below 4MB, maybe down to 3MB) and see if that helps. If not, I think you're going to have to contact KUKA Tech Support directly.

Advertising from our partners