Writing process data.

• Hello,

I have a question about the process data, i know it's possible to set a process data of different type, like this exemple :

<processData displayName="Example Integer" dataType="java.lang.Integer" defaultValue="0" id="counter" min="0" max="100" value="82"/>

But, i want to know if it's possible to have a frame instead of an int ? because I calculate a base with 3 points but i want to save it, like this i will not lose this data when i shutdown the robot.

Thanks.

• I'm afraid that the process data can only support java basic types(Integer/Double/Boolean/String).
    But still you can convert your frame into a string of a specific format(like 'x,y,z,a,b,c') to save it into the process data. When you retrieve your frame from the process data, you have to parse the string.

Another choice is to save your object frame into the application data source.

• But, i want to know if it's possible to have a frame instead of an int ? because I calculate a base with 3 points but i want to save it, like this i will not lose this data when i shutdown the robot.

Just save it in a file on the robot's hard drive. You can replicate the process data format or create your own XML or JSON files. There are many good java libraries out there you can import to Sunrise Workbench.

Advertising from our partners