Rotary table problem

• Hello everyone!
    I have a problem with the rotary table i made from A2 axis gearbox and motor.
    There are no errors etc in the system, but when i output a code from Sprutcam it is not moving in the same way as in the software.
    Basically the TCP of the robot is following the rotation of the table - but it should stay still and move just in World Z direction (up)

The code seems ok - there are no angle rotation of the TCP and it seems to me that the problem is in the table config.

Anyone with an idea where i should look?

Here is a short video of what is happening:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And i am attaching the SRC file so you can check it

• Hello vvelikov,

that's a normal effect.
    You are using a coupled base with the external axis.
    When the table turns, turns also the coupled base.
    Positions are always the difference beetween Tool and Base.
    When you have always the same Position and Base turns, the Tool has to correct this and the robots moves.

Do you use also a coupled base in sprutcam?

• Hi sjx,
    Thank you for the reply!
    Yes, the base is rotating with the table in Sprutcam
    The problem is that the tool is also moving around the table axis - in Sprutcam the tool doesnt rotate, just moving along Z and XY.
    What could be the cause of the tool rotating together with the table? I suppose it is in the settings of the robot/external axis?
    Where can i try to fix this?

• If the rotary table is kinematically integrated with the robot, then rotating it rotates the active Base frame. So any position programmed against that Base will be translated and rotated to match. The only way I can see to avoid this is if each point in the program were programmed at an orientation that counteracted the rotation of the table. But I don't know how one might go about causing this in SprutCAM. It sounds like SprutCAM is not fully simulating the relationship between the robot and the rotary table.

• Thank you guys, solved the problem by making the LCS rotate with the table - as it is on the robot.
    Now it is working fine! Will do a test milling to double check :smiling_face:

Here is the sample code:

It is easy to see now that the A is changing as well and that keeps the tool in one position :smiling_face:

Thank you very much for the help!

Advertising from our partners