iPendant problem "emac init call failed"

• Hello,
    We have a problem with controller r-30ib.
    When we start the robot, there is a boot screen with loading texts.
    Everything load fine, except one thing "emacinit call failed".
    After that, there is black screen and then we haven`t vision, but the controller starts.

Could it be a cable problem?
    Did anyone have experience in a similar case?

Greetings, Arthur

• First try: Start in controlled Start Mode and then just Redo a Cold Start (sometime it works because of basic garbage in some files that need to be re-init).
    If you have more details in the error message, could help (or reference to a logfile)

Good luck !

If it starts well the first time, you have not checked all !

• Hold F1 and F5 (Or Prev and Next) keys while you turn the disconnect power on the robot to get into the controlled start or BIOS. If you have the controller software card in the BIOS you can try to reload the software. Or, if you don't you can try to reload the 'existing personality', which reloads software. Keep in mind, this will wipe the controller clean of all programs and settings.

A cold start is a good place to start. Either select it from the controlled start menu, or hold the shift and reset keys down on the pendant while turning the disconnect power on, or hold the reset button on the front of the SOP (system operator panel) down while turning the disconnect power on.

Good Luck! It does sound like you may need a new pendant. Or at least reload firmware.

Tyler

• Hy guys, I've just had the same problem, when robot was starting up I had the error:
    EMACInit call failed.

When you have this error you can't get into Boot Monitor and you can't make a Control Start nor Cold Start.
    I've checked the Troubleshooting manual using the LEDS on the Main Board while powering up the controller and I was missing steps:
    3. The initialization of dram on the CPU card is completed
    and
    7. Basic software start-up
    So those two steps were failed.

Both of them are telling that you need to replace the FROM/SRAM module or replace the Main Board.

Nevertheless I've just took out the Main Board and cleaned it with air and it did the thing. Everything is working again. :uglyhammer2:
    Hope this post will help somebody in the future.

Advertising from our partners