Omron HMI

• Hi guys,

I want to know if somebody plugged in an Omron HMI on a R30iB controller by Ethernet SNPX because I'm having trouble to make it works.

My HMI model is Omron NB but it could be another Omron HMI.

I have the option R553 HMI Device (SNPX) installed.

Thanks.
    Jonathan

• Hi rumblefish,

the Omron tech give me the driver "GE IP ethernet (TCP Slave)". But he did'nt tell me if someone already test it. It's supposed to support the 90-30 series.

In the HMI i always have the "PLC NO RESPONSE" error. On the Robot side i don't have error.

The ping test is ok.

In the HMI i have PLC Station Number parameter. Normally with Omron PLC i put in the node number of the IP adress but with Fanuc i'm not sure if it's the same.

Port No. is 18245.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by jleblanc ().

• I attached 3 images from my GE Proficy software. They show the driver in the HMI that has the robot IP address and then the details for the HMI variable that connects to the Fanuc DI[1] and R[1]. Maybe this will help with your setup. The DI and DO should work without additional setup in the robot but the registers need the additional setup below.

You have to change the $SNPX_ASG variable to allow the HMI to see the robot registers. The settings below allow my HMI to see 600 robot registers using REAL numbers. (It takes 2 HMI variables for each robot register, that is why the size is 1200. this is for the GE Quickpanel+ HMI)

$SNPX_ASG[1]
    1 $ADDRESS 1
    2 $SIZE 1200
    3 $VAR_NAME 'R[1]'
    4 $MULTIPLY 0.000

• you might also want to try ProFace - works like charm with Fanuc robots (+lots of other hardware) and has an embedded PLC :top:

We pretty much always use Proface where I work unless the customer requests otherwise. I don't know a lot about controls, but our controls guys seem to like using the Proface components and like bidzej said it seems like they interface very well with Fanuc robots.

• andreic I know it's an old post, but I am struggling to comunicate a Weintek MT8070iE with a R- J3iB controller and I am not able do make it work. I have done the SNPX_ASG settings like it saise in the Fanuc manual, if I make ping to the HMI from the teach pendant it is ok but it doesn't communicate. Some addvice?

• Hi,

I have use I and Q but there is other Memory Type like M, G, T, SA, SB, SC, S, R, AI, AQ, W.

Have you decent experience with this Maple HMI PN: cMT3072X S/N: 2204105756?

I can't seem to get the string data from the SNPX registers. I'm sure it is because I've not figured out how to properly retrieve this data on the HMI side.

Anyone, Please, Help?

• Have you decent experience with this Maple HMI PN: cMT3072X S/N: 2204105756?

I can't seem to get the string data from the SNPX registers. I'm sure it is because I've not figured out how to properly retrieve this data on the HMI side.

Anyone, Please, Help?

Did you have the Fanuc manual MARUCHMID06121E REV A?

There's a little explanation about it in this manual.

I've never used string in my projects. So I can't help you more than this.

Advertising from our partners